Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

FX4 EDGE Tuning Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 03:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FX4 EDGE Tuning Question

I bought a 04 FX4 today. I has a lot of modifications (Lift, Rims, Exhaust, CAI). I can assume from that list that it probably has been tuned also. If I buy an EDGE touchscreen tuner, do I need to get ford to reflash the computer before tuning it myself? Or can I just rewrite over the top of another program without any crappy side effects? I have no knowledge of how this stuff actually works.

Feel free to add any opinions or experiences from different handheld tuners. I have done handhelds and computer swaps and personally, I like having the handhelds better due to the ease of changing settings. I gained noticable horsepower from both of them so its kind of a dead heat in respect to performance gains.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

You'll really want to contact Edge about this...I know a Predator would not let you load a tune if the truck is not stock to start with, as that would likely have undesirable results.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Launching!

I doubt anything has been done to the computer if it just has lift, exhaust, and CAI
Old 03-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Teching In

If it has been tuned before with a chip, you need THAT programer to reset your trucks pcm back to stock. Most if not all chips are VIN locked. Once a vehicle has been modified with a programer, u need that same programer to get you back to stock. Once back to stock, the VIN locks come off and you can try another tuner..... I dont know this for 100%, but I have good friends that are mechanics and one works at Wester's Garage which is a vehicle tuning garage and I believe thats what they said to me when I asked about chips and tuners
Old 06-14-2010, 09:38 AM
I paid my buck-o-five

Originally Posted by Project_VHO
I bought a 04 FX4 today. I has a lot of modifications (Lift, Rims, Exhaust, CAI). I can assume from that list that it probably has been tuned also. If I buy an EDGE touchscreen tuner, do I need to get ford to reflash the computer before tuning it myself? Or can I just rewrite over the top of another program without any crappy side effects? I have no knowledge of how this stuff actually works.

Feel free to add any opinions or experiences from different handheld tuners. I have done handhelds and computer swaps and personally, I like having the handhelds better due to the ease of changing settings. I gained noticable horsepower from both of them so its kind of a dead heat in respect to performance gains.
you will want a custom tune running a CAI on a 3 valve motor, no canned tune will be safe
Old 06-21-2010, 10:02 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by stoffer
you will want a custom tune running a CAI on a 3 valve motor, no canned tune will be safe
Not true...

We offer extensively developed CAI tunes for several popular CAIs that we develop in house on our flow bench to get an accurate curve from the CAI, then input that curve in the software and develop it further on the dyno.

We offer this for F150s and Mustangs, and the tunes work great.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:52 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a tune for my 2011 ford f150 5.0