Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Wait4Me Re-tune question

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wait4Me Re-tune question

I purchased a 93 Octane performance tune from Wait4Me. At the time I had the following modifications:

Corvette Servo
Billet O/D Servo
Aluminum Accumulator piston
Aluminum forward clutch piston
TransGo HD Seperator plate
TransGo HD2 Shift kit
UPD intake lid w/K&N and custom tubing.

I had them remove 100% of my torque management and tune for 93 Octane.

Since then I have added the following modifications:

Stainless Works long tubes with hi-flo catted y-pipe
MagnaFlow catback
Yank Truck Thruster 2600 Stall converter.

I e-mailed them for a retune and they said the only thing they can update would be my lockup points for the new converter. Is this true? I was under the impress that when a freer flowing exhaust was installed that these LS series engines tend to run rich, thus taking some fuel out would increase performance. Also, since in theory my engine is more efficient, shouldn't it be able to handle some more timing? If anyone has any input please let me know. Thanks
Old 09-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it all depends on how much timing you have all ready they just might not want to and more,thats why i stay away from mail order
Old 09-18-2006, 01:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by litreddevil
it all depends on how much timing you have all ready they just might not want to and more,thats why i stay away from mail order
I totally agree with what you were told by wait4me...they cant f with fueling too much because you still have cats, so what exactly do you want them to tune? lol mail order tuning is only going to get you so far.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I understand that tuning over the "mail" is not very easy so most companies take the safe route out. I was under the impression that their 93 Octane Performance tune was based on a more or less completely stock truck. At the time of purchase mine was essentially stock. Due to the fact that I now have a much freer flowing exhaust making my engine in theory more efficient, it should be able to tolerate some more fine tuning which I understand completely may not be able to be done without actually having the truck on a dyno/street hooked up to a wide band tuner. I actually have a similar question into a dyno tuning facility not far from my house. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the help.