FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

How are you all launching from a roll and a dig (turbos)?

Old 09-12-2015, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How are you all launching from a roll and a dig (turbos)?

So I was just wondering how you guys are launching and roll racing your turbo trucks (6l80e more specifically)? When roll racing are you all just throwing it in D and then flooring it or are you guys putting it in manual and manually shifting it? What about from a dig? I know most guys are brake boosting yada yada yada, but are you manually shifting it or throwing it in D? Would it be beneficial to leave in a lower gear? Sorry if this is a noob question, but I just wanted to get a better idea on how to load the turbo and leave harder. Also, what converter are you running?
Old 09-12-2015, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TAPyvehc93
So I was just wondering how you guys are launching and roll racing your turbo trucks (6l80e more specifically)? When roll racing are you all just throwing it in D and then flooring it or are you guys putting it in manual and manually shifting it? What about from a dig? I know most guys are brake boosting yada yada yada, but are you manually shifting it or throwing it in D? Would it be beneficial to leave in a lower gear? Sorry if this is a noob question, but I just wanted to get a better idea on how to load the turbo and leave harder. Also, what converter are you running?
My 6l80 is horrible from a roll...normally I put it in overdrive and it will hold rpms where I want it and smash the gas on go. From a dig I leave it in drive and brake boost (traction control off) to the 2 step. Much rather dig than roll with 6l80