Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Tuning DFCO

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning DFCO

Can someone enlighten about tuning DFCO. i keep looking at that section and having no clue what the hell i'm looking at. also, while we are on the topic of cutting fuel, how do i use lean cruise since it was disabled from the factory.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:40 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe lean cruise will only function on the Holdens, even if you enable it. DFCO confuses the heck out of me too
Old 08-09-2008, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by trever1t
I believe lean cruise will only function on the Holdens, even if you enable it. DFCO confuses the heck out of me too
Well i am glad to hear that i am not alone in my confusion.

any clue why it only works in the holdens? arent they pretty much the same as are ours?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh well. another two hours of my life wasted.

Anybody have any way of making this work?
Old 08-10-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

Lean cruise cannot be enabled due to emissions. DFCO cuts fuel based on the parameters you are looking at, you can adjust them to have less delay or hold DFCO longer or come on sooner.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:03 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can do a quasi lean-cruise using a custom operating system in EFILive, and I'm sure that HPT has something similar. This is the commanded air/fuel ratio table that COS3 gives you in EFILive, if you put higher than stoich numbers in the lighter load cells you can "fake" a lean cruise condition.

What are you confused about with DFCO? What are you trying to accomplish?
Old 08-10-2008, 02:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Heres what thunder is talking about. My table in COS 3 looks similar to this. See the bottom post by kbracing. https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ght=map+sensor

how the hell do u do a show post.

I think the lean cruise stuff is disabled in our pcm. Hardcoded in the US pcm pins, the holden one use it. I remember a thread but cant find it
Old 08-10-2008, 03:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

so would a pcm from overseas/mexico work?
Old 08-10-2008, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

from what i have read, doesnt lean cruise make the throttle response really crappy? and what little do you really save in fuel???
Old 08-10-2008, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by thunder550
You can do a quasi lean-cruise using a custom operating system in EFILive, and I'm sure that HPT has something similar. This is the commanded air/fuel ratio table that COS3 gives you in EFILive, if you put higher than stoich numbers in the lighter load cells you can "fake" a lean cruise condition.

What are you confused about with DFCO? What are you trying to accomplish?
I see what you mean, i think i can work that out in HPT but i get a little more experience before i give it a try.

In DFCO, i just dont really understand how to make the most of it. ex. when i let off the gas going down a hill in drive it takes like 10 seconds for DFCO to kick in but if i manually downshift it seems to kick in almost right away, how do i change that? also, is DFCO cutting ALL fuel, or just some and is there a way to change that as well?

i think i'll do a little more searching to see if i can actually make the lean cruise work. i just cant see GM taking the time to hardwire the inability to use lean cruise into our PCMs. it seems more fitting that they just disabled it and there is some complicated way to re-enable it. maybe i will try and get a hold of a stock Holden tune and see what that looks like. Anybody have one?

Quick Reply: Tuning DFCO