Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Tuning after a pro tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 02:56 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

You need to make a custom math parameter since you are using the EGR sensor voltage and not a "real" analog input. Make a custom one and do the EGR_V*slope + intercept and then plot that custom math as your afr sensor.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Atomic
You need to make a custom math parameter since you are using the EGR sensor voltage and not a "real" analog input. Make a custom one and do the EGR_V*slope + intercept and then plot that custom math as your afr sensor.
I thought I tried that but then again I was in a truck with no AC in 113deg heat. I will try this tonight when I get home from work - thanks!
Old 07-25-2016, 04:09 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

That's why all my summer tooning in AZ was at night. Spent many nights dialing in cammed LS1 cars in front of a fast food place watching the sun come up
Old 07-25-2016, 05:14 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

You desert dwellers need to try tuning when the sun goes down in the deep south. Hope you like breathing soup and sweating profusely for no apparent reason because its 90% humidity and 85 degrees.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:21 PM
Launching!

I figure if I tune while it's the worst then It's a pretty safe tune. Trust me - I know those summer nights in Georgia and Florida - lived there for several years. I'll take the AZ heat any day over that humidity. There is something to be said when your tuning windows down no AC in the midday 3pm sun out here. Interior temps have to crest 130deg while stationary.

Either way it's rough no matter how you slice it.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:48 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
You desert dwellers need to try tuning when the sun goes down in the deep south. Hope you like breathing soup and sweating profusely for no apparent reason because its 90% humidity and 85 degrees.
You deep south guys need to try moving out of the deep south.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:45 AM
Launching!

I think I made some progress tonight. Dialed in the MAF pretty close - at least as close as I'm gonna get it tonight. Pretty close to within 1% in most cells using the Wideband tapped into the EGR pin.

Tomorrow I'll approach the Speed Density calibration.
this tuning stuff is harder than it looks, especially with a street tune. It took me a while to figure out that most of my variations in my Error ratio were because of all the bumps on the road - LOL

I hope speed density VE tuning goes a little smoother tomorrow - pun intended
Old 08-06-2016, 05:09 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

You really should tune SD before you tune the MAF, now if you change the VE you will have to go back and fix the MAF again.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:10 PM
Launching!

I thought if you scaled the MAF, then it was scaled - end of story. How would the VE table affect the MAF scaling?
Old 08-08-2016, 07:57 PM
Launching!

I think part of the problems I'm having right now are that I was using the paste by percent instead of the paste by percent half - going to retry some tuning tonight. Also I don't think I was getting enough data for it to be accurate. Another thing is that I don't think I allowed enough time for IAT temps to come down and steady out from heat soak.

I will also try to Tune the VE tables first before the MAF but I still don't understand why that would make that much of a difference.

Oh and I think my intake is leaking like a siv - B1 and B2 STFT's are a little off...Smoke testing it tonight too - if it passes then I'll swap O2 sensors from side to side and see if the balance shifts.

Quick Reply: Tuning after a pro tune