Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Southern Guys, anyone used Jon Weeks or XXX in Pensacola?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 02:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.............I've only tuned one Goat with a 370 and a D1 on 10-19-2006. The car was only running 8-9 lbs if I remember correctly. I just pulled the dyno sheet from the shop and the tune file from the laptop. The car was 11.8 AF and MAX timing was 18 degrees. I have the sheet and tune file if anyone would like to see it. Car made 473 rwhp and 446 rwtq, so if that was 15 lbs there was severe issues already somewhere. Don't want to start a pissing match, but if there is still an issue just call me and we can discuss as this is almost funny.

This is assuming TheBurly is named Tre, if not I have no idea who this even is.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Car had an F1C on it John... It was in late 07'. You know exactly who this is.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

I have no idea who you are! Pm me your info, as I don't recall doing a F1C Goat......ever.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by John02SS
Wow.............I've only tuned one Goat with a 370 and a D1 on 10-19-2006. The car was only running 8-9 lbs if I remember correctly. I just pulled the dyno sheet from the shop and the tune file from the laptop. The car was 11.8 AF and MAX timing was 18 degrees. I have the sheet and tune file if anyone would like to see it. Car made 473 rwhp and 446 rwtq, so if that was 15 lbs there was severe issues already somewhere. Don't want to start a pissing match, but if there is still an issue just call me and we can discuss as this is almost funny.

This is assuming TheBurly is named Tre, if not I have no idea who this even is.
Wow...seeing you actually posted in my thread does give me some confidence in you John. You know my friend Ronnie here from hattiesburg and he has spoken highly of you. And a few guys I know haven't lol. But hey no ones perfect.. everyone has favorites and I used James with great results ..but some hate him? So.. everyone is got a favorite and no tuner is perfect. I just need someone who can treat me right .. give good results and answer my questions. Pm me john and I may get with ya on a tune
Old 03-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Jedi Master

Originally Posted by BigKID
Care to elaborate? Do you have any personal experience with XXX or just internet hearsay?

To the OP, I know this is an old thread but I'm curious who you decided to use?
Buddy of mine got screwed by them and probably the worst tune I've ever seen in my life.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

John would you do a tune for me? think way back to GCFBA 08 5.3 Sierra
Old 03-22-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Oh yeah, the names Art
Old 08-11-2014, 10:00 PM

Hey guys, sorry for digging up an old thread as a newbie here! I have an opportunity to get an in person tune with John Weeks on my Tahoe and I impulsively want to jump on it and I could use some advice. I hear he's kind of tough to get but I managed to get a street tune set up with him. The Tahoe forum I normally use and posted this in very much favors Blackbear Performance (for great reasons) but I don't think I'm getting an un-biased opinion there for the most part. Despite Blackbear's outstanding reputation and the advantages to their service, I like the idea of doing it in person (maybe I just want to go outside the box, not sure). My tune is set up for "soon" and if I cancel I won't likely get another shot with him and I'll **** off my buddy that referred me to him. Any quick thoughts or advice is much appreciated!!!

From what I've gathered so far...

Pros:
In-person (call me old fashioned)
Half price of autocal

Cons:
No flashback (my only real concern here is towing)
No free updates
Not supporting a supporting vendor

Last edited by Snacky; 08-11-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:42 PM
makes children cry

Received 399 Likes on 326 Posts

i never had a problem with Jon. i also still have Justin's tune on my truck.
you don't have to buy the AutoCal... unless he changed his methods. when in FL, he mailed me a OBD2 cable & i logged my driving, he tuned accordingly, then i logged driving with the new tune. that simple.

Jon is pretty good, too. right after getting my blower dyno tuned, i had an issue so he rode with me while logging, tweaked the tune a little, & got it driving better.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need info n a tune

hey John I bought a sweet Pontiac formula n the guy said you tuned it! All I want is a fresher tune bc I’m still adding things but the car is fast as **** for wht it is! I ain’t complaining! Send me a number n a address n I can come when ever you free! I love my tune! Actually outran a state trooper n I pulled over he was so blown about the car they let me go before they wanted me to pop my hood to see wht was under thr lol pls reach back out.. John

Quick Reply: Southern Guys, anyone used Jon Weeks or XXX in Pensacola?