Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Southern Guys, anyone used Jon Weeks or XXX in Pensacola?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 05:49 PM
makes children cry

Received 399 Likes on 326 Posts

yeah, Jon is back to tuning at the shop & has tuned my & many other friends' cars - boosted & N/A - and has done a great job.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of 3 people in gulfport that tune. 1 i know wont do it for public 1 I will have to ask what he is doing and the other is a ford tech that does it on the side.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How bout this then, I hope he is a really great friend to you two fellas. That way when your **** blows up he will help you rebuild it. Oh, and as far as the kind of person he is... that is not the matter in question or what this discussion is about. Very clearly there are tuners who are much better than john all throughout the country. justification in that is in the specifics of my earlier statement. Read what parameters were input in my tune. If you have car and moderate tuning knowledge you will know that they are way out of line for safe tuning.

AGAIN, Is John Weeks a nice guy...Absolutely!! Fun guy to hang around with, for sure.
Some people think he is a cocky *****, but I never got that vibe.

The question at hand is recommending a tuner. and the answer to John is keep looking

Last edited by TheBurlyMan; 03-07-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Now, it is however VERY unfortunate that Brad only tunes fords. He is a guy that gets **** done. And has run the times to prove it
Old 03-07-2012, 11:46 PM
MASS seller approved

I use a guy local here in gpt but I'm not sure if he will go public or not...as far as Jon he tuned my 01 and other than the truck being a POS the tune was ok. He has tuned several other of my buddies around here and they are happy with them, no problems from what I have heard!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

John is very good! I would recomend him to anyone. He has tuned a bunch for me an my friends an has made my cars fly!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Okay, of all the guys here that say "John is very good" who else have you had tune your car otherwise? I mean if we are going to be giving our recommendations, the only ones that matter and can give an objective opinion are those that have had others tune for them.

I have had Jeremy (fasterproms), chuck (HPE), Justin (blackbear), bob (pmfl), and last but not least Steve petty
Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Every tuner I listed above kept me very informed on any and all changes being made, what settings were input, and wanted evey piece of information about the vehicle and my wants/needs out of the tune. On top of that, everyone of them have lived long after I got rid of them or in two of the cases I still have them

A benchmark has to be tested against many others to prove itself
Old 03-08-2012, 11:53 PM
makes children cry

Received 399 Likes on 326 Posts

i've had Jesse @ W4M (not good) & Justin @ Blackbear (much better) tune my truck.
my car was stock til Jon tuned the blower.

as for other vehicles, he's also tuned a friend's 402 Z06 running reliably with a 200shot & a cam that requires a vacuum pump. he was actually just out in Houston a few weeks ago running it in TX2k12. then there's the 800+hp twin turbo Z06 they built that was running just fine.

it seems like you're the only one ******* him - not saying you didn't have a bad experience, but nobody's perfect.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:17 AM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by _zebra
i've had Jesse @ W4M (not good) & Justin @ Blackbear (much better) tune my truck.
my car was stock til Jon tuned the blower.

as for other vehicles, he's also tuned a friend's 402 Z06 running reliably with a 200shot & a cam that requires a vacuum pump. he was actually just out in Houston a few weeks ago running it in TX2k12. then there's the 800+hp twin turbo Z06 they built that was running just fine.

it seems like you're the only one ******* him - not saying you didn't have a bad experience, but nobody's perfect.
Agreed!...i have only had one other tuner but my buddies have gone through several and they go back to John! I don't think it's cuz he is perfect or better than everyone else but he obviously is good at what he does. He has obviously made a mistake as with your case burlyman but who hasn't?

Quick Reply: Southern Guys, anyone used Jon Weeks or XXX in Pensacola?