Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Returning truck to stock tune?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Returning truck to stock tune?

I have decided to sell my Denali after going through my 3rd built transmission last week and upgrade to a more reliable daily driver/ tow vehical. I am going to take the whipple charger off but I need to retune the PCM obviously. Before I put the whipple on I had a Hypertech programer, can I just use the hypertech to flash my PCM for a new tune or do I need to have the PCM retuned totally?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:09 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. You will need to reflash your stock tune to the PCM. What kind of tuning do you have with the Whipple.
Have you ever considered a FLT transmission instead?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by trever1t
No. You will need to reflash your stock tune to the PCM. What kind of tuning do you have with the Whipple.
Have you ever considered a FLT transmission instead?
I had justin from Black bear tune it for me. I would have considered a FLT transmission but my transmission builder her told me he did all the same upgrades and I have now spent almost 10000 grand fixing the transmission and dont want to waste anymore on it. Anyways Ive had the truck for a few years now and its honestly been a pain for most of the time I've had it. I have become very good friends with my mechanics because of how often its in the shop for different things. I just boughtt a new boat and I don't really want to risk being stranded somewhere because the transmission blew up again when I am towing. I am thinking of just picking up a Range Rover or something and just being done with it and no mods this time.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
I would have considered a FLT transmission but my transmission builder her told me he did all the same upgrades
of course he would say that.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Just ask justin for a retune with stock calibration...
Old 08-26-2008, 08:44 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
I had justin from Black bear tune it for me. I would have considered a FLT transmission but my transmission builder her told me he did all the same upgrades and I have now spent almost 10000 grand fixing the transmission and dont want to waste anymore on it.
Yeah, I've heard that same story over the years from quite a few members here but like you've found out, you don't save anything doing it local. Boosted trucks put quite a demand on a trans.

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Just ask justin for a retune with stock calibration...
+1 Just email justin for a stock tune.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

The Land Rover tows just as much as my 1500 WT. Plus you have the same transmission as I do along with 2000 extra pounds.

Plus how much do you think there transmission would be to fix? Much less upgrade.

I would upgrade to the 4L80 or get a 09 with the new 6 speed which is going to be a big upgrade.

When my transmission goes out becouse I use it to do my buisness I going to the 4l80. Becouse I know its atleast as good as some of my old 400's I abused throughly, and never had a problem with.

Web site stating tow ratings
http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Ve...oad_Towing.htm
Old 08-26-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ahhh i remember those days!!!! then i woke up and smelled the juan valdez!!! (coffee)
Old 08-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
of course he would say that.
I honestly didn't believe him when he said that. I figured it was just lip service.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Junkie

wow wow wow. Although this has a lot of applicatin to me right now, keep the truck haha. I feel your pain, ive been through 3 built trannies this summer. One lasted 5000 miles, another arond 2000 and the last one lasted 6 days and 600 miles. Im told mine is fully upgraded yada yada, but i havnt seen it. This guy is hands down the best around here, at least off of reputation and is really cool, but dam we have had no luck. 2 converter, input sprag.

Quick Reply: Returning truck to stock tune?