Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

reduced engine power

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reduced engine power

so every time i am coming to a stop my truck is going into r e p. no new mods. it is an 03 k1500 with a frt mount turbo, performabuilt level 2 nothing recently done has been together with no tune issues for about a year now. i was driving to drop my step son off tonight and was coming to a stop and it went into r e p. i was watching my fuel trims with my genesis earlier so i plugged it in cleared codes and away we went. it is not setting any codes it is just going into r e p. this really sucks cause i was planning on leaving for the power tour this weekend. any ideas what could be causing this?
thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you have a spd density tune, or what?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

That is really strange that it is going in to REP without setting any codes, anything strange besides that going on???

You said that you cleared the codes tho????
Old 06-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Launching!

yes i have a 3 bar map and speed density. i use the clear codes option cause it is the easiest way to reset the pcm. it is not setting any codes. thanks.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Launching!

nothing else strange is happening just rep
Old 06-02-2010, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmm... do you have a wideband, and if so what is your a/f ratio?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Launching!

no wideband but short term fuel trims sta y within 5 of 0
Old 06-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Launching!

so this morning i started my truck and it goes into rep right away and i have a p0220 and a p1516? will not clear stays in rep?
Old 06-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Found a bulletin with those codes. Could try looking at it.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
A vehicle may be brought into the dealer for a reduced power message, and DTCs P0120, P0220, P1516, P2101, or P2135.

The Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) / throttle body type trouble codes, may be caused by a loose wiring crimp at the throttle body connector, or a broken throttle body circuit.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Complete the current SI diagnostics for any symptoms or trouble codes found. If a intermittent T/P or TAC module type code is occurring complete the inspections below.

•Inspect all related throttle body terminals for a loose wiring crimp. The loose crimp may be difficult to find, and the poor connection will be between the terminal and the copper strands of the wire. Wiggle test the individual throttle body circuits to see if the concern can be duplicated.
•Inspect the related circuits for broken wires inside the insulation. The outer wire insulation may look fine, but the internal copper strands may be partially broken. Breaks in the wires usually occur within 1 to 4 inches of the throttle body connector. Wiggle testing may also induce a trouble code to set.
•On C/K trucks complete SI procedures for voltage drop on grounds G103 and G104. Grounds G103 or G104 may be loose or corroded.
If a terminal crimp or a broken wire has been found, repair or replace only the circuits involved. There is a throttle body pigtail connector available through GMSPO, but installing this pigtail connector may cause other intermittent TAC module/TP codes at a later date. If this pigtail must be used, please follow the SI procedures for Splicing Copper Wire Using Splice Sleeves. (the proper Kent-Moore crimping tool must be used for this repair)

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Ok good to see that it is setting codes, defenetly follow that bulliten for checking the grounds and terminals at the throttle body. If no problems there 95% chance it is the TAC system of the throttle body

Quick Reply: reduced engine power