Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

nelson problems!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nelson problems!

ok i bought a 05 silverado a LONG time ago..put LTs ORY pullies intake catback and a "tune" that i waited for a long time..i axually had one of the first tunes from nelson on these trucks...i had to send him MY computer for the tune..well i got it back and he never tuned off the rear o2s..well i called him and we talked about him sending me a new tune after hes able to tune the new 05 computers..well a couple months pass and nothing..well i had some problems with it ..take it to the dealer to get it fix..."factory warrenty" and they call me tellin me that they cant get into the computer..that its been "locked" and they automatically VOID my warrenty..(side note i pulled all the headers and shyt off b4 hand) ..well my truck is siting up at the dealer half tor apart to get "fixed" with a voided warrenty..well i called nelson to tell him about if and he said that he will ship me a factory PCM just to replace it so they can work on it..well a week later i get it take it up there and then another call sayin that the computer that i brought them is BLANK! no data on it... all this for a 500 dollar tune that i had done to MY computer...sorry i just had to share my story...if i could do it over ..i would get it done by someone local or buy HPtuners myself!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hate to hear that bro, I know a lot of people have had good luck out of Allen. Just keep in contact with him until he gets you a factory pcm..
Old 03-14-2006, 09:45 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that sucks, what happened to the truck that it needed to go to the dealership? Anytrhing to do with the tune?
Old 03-14-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

First off, tell them they can't void your warranty cause of aftermarket parts. Period, end of story. A blanket voided warranty is against federal law under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act!

What kind of work are you having done that they need in the computer?
Old 03-14-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flyer
First off, tell them they can't void your warranty cause of aftermarket parts. Period, end of story. A blanket voided warranty is against federal law under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act!

What kind of work are you having done that they need in the computer?
I thought they could void the warranty if they prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yes ... a blanket voided warranty is still against federal law. No way a tuned PCM is going to cause a p/s pump to fail. I'd like to see them try and prove that.

When I had my z71 with the blower on it, I had just that happen, a p/s pump fail. They tried to tell me it wasn't covered because of the blower. I asked how come, he said because the blower made the pulleys turn to fast. The only way that would happen is with a crank pulley going bigger, which wasn't the case. Long story short, after some heated phone calls, GM cutomer care had my back and I got my p/s pump replaced under warranty. The service manager told me I was cut off after that. 2 weeks later, I made it a point to go back and have something else done. Nothing was said about it either.

I learned then, the surveys that they send you after warranty work don't do anything. I filled one out and wrote a letter about it and never got a response. That guy is still the service manager too, and that was 3 years ago at least.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man that sucks dude, Its been a while but a few years back when I was still working for GM, The Tech II would rewrite locked PCM's back to stock with out a problem. You can datastream on a locked PCM, what made them check it? Nelson is a very good tuner, So is Bryan Herter from pcmforless. I would not go any other way, We all have are bad days I guess.

Custom parts, Custom problems.

Best thing my dad ever taught me was to keep my mouth shut.

Hope you get it worked out.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:04 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

tell them to flash it back to factory if they dont like it. why the hell are they plugging into your pcm for a ps pump? theres no way a tuned pcm messed up the PS pump. as sad as it is, when you go up to the dealership you have to go with an attitude to get **** done. dont let them tell you that your warranty is voided. go up there and raise hell and they will get it done..
Old 03-20-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

make sure you dont get the dealership attitude i got!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
tell them to flash it back to factory if they dont like it. why the hell are they plugging into your pcm for a ps pump? theres no way a tuned pcm messed up the PS pump. as sad as it is, when you go up to the dealership you have to go with an attitude to get **** done. dont let them tell you that your warranty is voided. go up there and raise hell and they will get it done..
they tryed and they told me it didnt work..so o well...nah my tranny was acting up on the shifts and so i took it into the dealer o well its all good now we have a local tuner donw here..he fixed it up with some skiilz..lol and now has a ls6 cam in it and he dyno tuned it to 322hp 312trq threw a full cat back!