Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Just A Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Just A Quick Question

Will taking off torque management give me more power and lower my E.T.? I finally got better tires and by taking the torque management off... I hope to be a little bit quicker... I can hook up better with these new tires...
Old 01-31-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

i read an article saying that 100percent torque managment taken off isint even worth 1/10th.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:19 AM
hog
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rgvsierra
i read an article saying that 100percent torque managment taken off isint even worth 1/10th.
TM removal will reduce 1/4 mile times. Torque Management, it is MANAGING TORQUE, in other words, torque reduction, if the PCM is pulling timing out of the spark timing, this reduces torque, reducing torque is of course going to increse 1/4 mile acceleration times.

I have seen TM in action: from a WOT dead hook, just before and during downshifts and upshifts, whenever using heavy throttle even if the trans doesnt downshift.

Even manual trans equipped vehicles have TM, I have seen a tune on a 6 speed Camaro drop over 1/2 a second with the TM removal being the ONLY mod.

100% TM removal in my truck, along with leaning out the PE multiplier SLIGHTLY, resulted in a 3/4 of a second reduction in my 1/4 mile time.

Torque Management is a term that can blanket many PCM systems that limit engine and trans performance, esp. on the newer trucks. The newer the PCM and truck, the more of these there are. In my 1997 T.M. and abuse mode were the only of these limiting systems. In teh new trucks there are quite afew from what I understand, if you have the brakes applied and push the accelerator, the PCM will limit output in a few different ways.
They can all be eliminated by tuning, but they are there nonetheless.

I really dont like drive by wire throttle for this reason, if I push the accelerator, I want that throttle WOT and to get to WOT at the same rate that I push the pedal, not at the throttle angle or speed of opening the PCM sees fit.

I am pretty sure most of the TM encompassing limiters can be detuned by HPTuners.

peace
Hog
Old 02-01-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice.. Thats what I was hoping for.... Ill post afet I get it done and let you know.. Thanks for the info..