Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

How to disable PE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to disable PE?

I just got HP MPVI 2.1.4 USB.When tuning the LTFT's and STFT's everyone says to disable PE by setting LTFT enable to false.In the version I have it is not under edit-engine-fuel control-Open&closed loop. Under LTFT Enable it has Min ECT-131*F and Max ECT-284*F.It does not show true or false.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Set the min ect to 284 and it should disable ltft. Next tab over (power enrichment) Set map to 100 to disable PE
Old 03-12-2006, 09:38 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have heard that the 06's do not have "PE".
Old 03-13-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ASkipper
I just got HP MPVI 2.1.4 USB.When tuning the LTFT's and STFT's everyone says to disable PE by setting LTFT enable to false.In the version I have it is not under edit-engine-fuel control-Open&closed loop. Under LTFT Enable it has Min ECT-131*F and Max ECT-284*F.It does not show true or false.
There is an on/off feature for your LT's just disable them. If you are disabling your lt's and PE fueling you better make damn sure that your VE table is perfect, if not you run a great risk of running very lean up top. If your not sure about your VE being able to command the proper AFR WOT do not disable your pe fueling!!!!
Disabling ltft is one thing but disabling them and PE fueling can be bad if the tune is not perfect

DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE A WIDEBAND 02 SENSOR
Old 03-13-2006, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
There is an on/off feature for your LT's just disable them. If you are disabling your lt's and PE fueling you better make damn sure that your VE table is perfect, if not you run a great risk of running very lean up top. If your not sure about your VE being able to command the proper AFR WOT do not disable your pe fueling!!!!
Disabling ltft is one thing but disabling them and PE fueling can be bad if the tune is not perfect

See this is where I am lost in the sticky you have at the top it says and I {quote}

1. edit-engine-fuel control-Open&closed loop
a. set long term fuel trim enable to false
i. this disables your long term fuel trims in the interests of time and simplicity{unquote}

Now how do you go about it a safe way?I do not want to blow any thing up.All I have done as of now is take out 80%TM and up my shift rpms,and upped my rev limiter.I know I am new and I DO NOT really understand at this point.I have been reading alot and I am getting a little grasp on it.Please help me understand what I need to do.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you disable ltft's the pcm doesnt remember any fuel trimming and in SD runs completely off the VE table, this means that any STFT that you get are directly from the ve table and not effected by any trimming memory. This is helpful for tuning the VE.

Now if you disable pe fueling and your ve table is not commanding at least a 13:1 afr wot you can run into problems. This is why we want to be dead certain that your ve table is perfect before you drive around without any pe fueling and no trimming memory (LTFT). You should have an on-board wide band before you attempt disabling pe fueling. With no lt's and no pe fueling you are removing any safety measures or any room for error with fueling, I wouldnt do it unless you feel confident with your abilities.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't read your tuning write up in a while, does it tell people to command 13:1 in the open loop table?
Old 03-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I haven't read your tuning write up in a while, does it tell people to command 13:1 in the open loop table?
No, it doesn't.

If that was the case, you couldn't tune your STFTs at all, as a NBO2 cannot tell what 13:1 is.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Originally Posted by dc_justin
No, it doesn't.

If that was the case, you couldn't tune your STFTs at all, as a NBO2 cannot tell what 13:1 is.
but he(02s) is riding the wideband hard...so I was curious if a WB is necessary then he must of made the write up state a new commanded afr....a safer one.

I understand, I was just to lazy to open his write to see he wrote it for NB tuning or hasn't changed it from such. I am in the middle of all this myself, but I have a Wideband .
Old 03-13-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3

Quick Reply: How to disable PE?