Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Got my Wait4me tune in and supercharger on

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 05:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Wait4me tune in and supercharger on

I got my tune in this past week and went to install my stuff the 1st time but ran into a slight snag. The 42lb injectors i have aren't the same plug as stock. Not fun when you get everything installed and find this out.

Long story short....i ordered some MSD injector plugs from Summit and had them overnighted. I got them today and finished installing everything. I have to give credit to this site for sure. I read as much on here as i could (except the injector thing) and everything went pretty smooth. I was real nervous to start the thing up for the 1st time cause i was not looking forward to a fuel leak. Cycled the ignition a few times and turned it over. Started right up and sounded just like stock. No leaks at all and she was purring. I was very very happy!

I cleaned up and took her for a spin. Not all that impressive at 1st for some reason but that all changed the more i drove it. By the time i picked my girl up from work it was really running. I suprised the hell outta her when i hit it from a red light....and once the rpms climbed she grabbed the oh **** handle and said "SLOW DOWN"! That made my night actually

The CEL is on so i guess that means a crank relearn is in store for Monday. I haven't hooked up a boost guage to see what it's running but that's getting done tomorrow. The intercooler is going in this week along with a wideband and the cats are coming out. I don't have the bov hooked up yet either but that'll be done with the intercooler.

So far so good! I'm really excited!
Old 08-21-2005, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

Your truck=
Old 08-21-2005, 10:02 AM
Teching In

White05Denali, I have the same truck as you. I received my Wait4me PCM yesterday but have not installed it yet. 1 reason is I can't find the PCM, where is it located? Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails Got my Wait4me tune in and supercharger on-denali.jpg  
Old 08-21-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just below the battery, pop the plastic cover off the pcm. I think it's a 7mm socket to loosen to get the 2 plugs out of the pcm. Pay attention to the gaskets on the electrical plugs as you release them.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Beautiful!
Old 08-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Got the PCM installed and the engine light came on. I need to have crank sensor relearn tomorrow. Does any one know what scanner can do the relearn?

Thanks for help

Last edited by boatman22; 08-21-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...=crank+relearn

3rd post
Old 08-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by boatman22
White05Denali, I have the same truck as you. I received my Wait4me PCM yesterday but have not installed it yet. 1 reason is I can't find the PCM, where is it located? Thanks for any help.
Nice truck you got there! I guess you found the computer so i don't have to tell you that. I looked for it for a while also. I was getting a little pissed off and then i saw the little black box. Sneaky little bastards hiding it in the engine compartment. All my cars have the computer on the inside.

Looks like you've got a pretty big boat behind that beautiful truck. How big is that? My guess is 28'.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
Thanks very much for the link....i'm going to go try it right now.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:26 AM
Teching In

Looks like you've got a pretty big boat behind that beautiful truck. How big is that? My guess is 28'.[/QUOTE]

Someday mine will be like yours.......procharger etc. It's a great truck and now with the Wait4Me tune I should have more torque and a little better mileage.

The boat is a Baja .38 Special

Quick Reply: Got my Wait4me tune in and supercharger on