Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Codes knock sensor and engine misfire

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codes knock sensor and engine misfire

I have a check engine light on for knock sensors,will this make my truck run crappy or in limp mode ? Even though its tuned with HPtuners and while scanning it picks up no knock to where it would be taking away timing ?

I scan my 04 Silverado 2500hd 6.0 codes P0327 knock sensor circuit low voltage & P0300 engine misfire detected (old) (Immature) not sure where to start on this.The truck runs ok smooth doesn't sound like any misfire just seems weak on power but its felt that way the whole month since I bought it ? Where should I start
Old 10-05-2014, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

Already kinda told you in your other thread what needs to be loooked at.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...sensor-532685/

Buy new intake gaskets, buy new knock sensor, buy new knock sensor harness and that will fix all those knock sensor codes and problems. As the misfires, buy some new plugs and inspect your wires. Replace wires if needed, then if the problem is still there you need to dig deeper. Be it a coil packs problem, injectors or something like that.

Last edited by FFDP; 10-05-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFDP
Already kinda told you in your other thread what needs to be loooked at.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...sensor-532685/

Buy new intake gaskets, buy new knock sensor, buy new knock sensor harness and that will fix all those knock sensor codes and problems. As the misfires, buy some new plugs and inspect your wires. Replace wires if needed, then if the problem is still there you need to dig deeper. Be it a coil packs problem, injectors or something like that.
I changed wires and plugs last week,it seems like after changing those it ran a little smoother and the flowmaster mufflers sound quieter ?
And today I changed knock sensors and harness,and intake gaskets.The knock sensors looked rusty like they got pulled out of the ocean not sure they were even plugged in the top came right up when pulled the rubber seal,and the intake gaskets were definitely questionable for being 30k on motor supposedly,rubber seals weren't straight up and down looked as if they might have been leaking against the heads. Didn't notice much of a power increase like I would have thought from the looks of the old parts,it did die after acceleration and come to a stop? I figured maybe it didn't need turned up in the tune before because of the intake leak,now it might not be getting enough air ?