Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Can i get some help plz! ('00 Silverado tuning)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can i get some help plz! ('00 Silverado tuning)

I haven't tuned any V8s as of yet except this one. I'm more of an I5/I6 intermediate tuner so with the amount of parameters on the V8, i just get really worried on what to touch and what not too... The silverado is a 2000 4.8L with a 3.42.. as you can tell, this is REALLY sluggish off the line..

There has been an increase over stock when tuning my the silverado, but since I lack the experience, I really am not sure what else I can do to safely release some more HP... Can you guys please take a look at the stock tune and what I have done... It's pretty much the basics, nothing too much though.. Any advice, opinions, help is welcome!

Stock tune

Few tweaks
Old 09-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cool, i've always wanted to see a 4.8 tune. I'll look around in these later tonight. I am sure alot of guys on here can hook ya up. We have some good N/A tuners on here.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

sweet i hope so.. I heard the amount of potential that could be unleashed from the V8 small blocks was alooot.. I'm still trying to find that out
Old 09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dangit, HPT. If I register with the site to see the tunes, will my EFI convert them? I heard they usetacould but not no more.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have any mods on the truck?

Take a look at the stickies in this section, there is some good info in there!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

no the truck is completely stock.. only thing we've taken off is the CAT.. emissions law are null over here so it seems to be all good...I've looked at a few stickies, and also followed the Chevy magazine step by step tutorial which i think REALLY helped, but these are the basics...

I'm just worried about touching something I have no idea about and doing some harm to the engine...
Old 09-25-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your using a beta version of hpt, This may limit the number of people who can view your tune and help. What mods does the truck have? From what I see your stock file is not stock. Your timing is way to high in your updated tune, But your low octain tables is lower than your so called stock table. This whole thing does not make sense from Timing, PE, IAT and trans. There are gains to be had, But scrap this and start from stock calibration.

Trending Topics

Old 09-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

I'm serious.. the stock tune I put up is what i downloaded from the silvy... I asked my friend if he had done a tune before and he told me he hadn't... keep in mind this is for a 4.8L V8 Silverado and is a 2000 model. I've heard that the 2001 VE tables are completely different then the 2000 VE tables, so I'm not too sure if i should change the VE to the '01s and might get some extra punch...

I've changed my Variable cam settings on my '02 Trailblazer to those of an '05 Trailbazer with a much better increase. So I'm thinking of looking at a few of the newer stock files and adding some things from those as that might add a bit of TQ here and there...

BTW, here is an updated tune of the previous one..I've tweaked what ppl have told me is good and bad... alot have stated that the tune has tooo much timing, but I've only increased the timing by 2*... KR was minimal when we took it for a run... either way, i'll get this tune flashed tonight and see if there's any improvement...

Tweaked
Old 09-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

just thought i'd post an extra one to see my sig
Old 09-26-2006, 12:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have a stock calibration if you like, PM me. This however is not stock.

Last edited by 1slowsilverado; 09-26-2006 at 01:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Can i get some help plz! ('00 Silverado tuning)