Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

6.0 HP LTFT tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id go ahead and get a Wideband on the way.. Know what its actually doin and adjust from there..
If it were me. i would go Speed density and dial that in. Then start on the MAF calibration. Then work on your timing and double check the AFR every log.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 1 run then a copy and paste and write then run 2 and a copy and paste and write, I got the 1st picture, I then changed my Main VE Secondary table to reflect the same as the Primary and drove about a mile on a back road and got the last picture. Any help?

After changing the Secondary table my low RPM did WAY better than what it was doing. It wasn't surging or wanting to shut off like it had been.
Attached Files
File Type: docx
Doc1.docx (684.2 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by 2Slow_00; 04-29-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Every time you change the primary ve table you need to also change the secondary table because when you disable the maf your computer uses the secondary table. So the ve readings you are getting are from the secondary table.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, I did the primary and then secondary table but i run my STFT and still get numbers all over the place, im ready to !!!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2Slow_00
Ok, I did the primary and then secondary table but i run my STFT and still get numbers all over the place, im ready to !!!
calm down brother!!! haha do you have aftermarket injectors? if no, then your problem is you need to drive at least 30 minutes per session to get accurate and large amounts of STFT data, also on the histogram make sure on the top right that the letter 'A' is selected as it will give you average data. copy the points and multiply by %-half and let the truck cool down because IAT affect your air density so let it cool and try to get the same iat readings throughout the logging.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Staging Lane

Yes I do have stock inj, I will try the "A" and also let it sit, I have noticed my IATs are some times in the "red" when I start but after you drive a bit they will fall to a little above outside temp , can I drive until it cools then hit the relearn and start the log? Or is it better to just let it sit?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not go ahead and get a wideband?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

I looked into it monday but I have hp standard, I wouldnt mind a Gauge or hooking up through the ac wires but I haven't really read that much about it yet. Im so busy right now, their aint enough hours in the day
Old 05-01-2013, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2Slow_00
Yes I do have stock inj, I will try the "A" and also let it sit, I have noticed my IATs are some times in the "red" when I start but after you drive a bit they will fall to a little above outside temp , can I drive until it cools then hit the relearn and start the log? Or is it better to just let it sit?
That should be fine. Just make sure you interpret the data right
Old 05-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

I looked at the computer and I have had the "A" selected ( guess it comes like that ), haven't had a chance to do another run but I will after work. Until then I am still reading on hp's website and here tryng to get a handel on the situation.

Any tips to help programing go easier? besides a wideband ( I know I need one)

Quick Reply: 6.0 HP LTFT tune