Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

Selling my truck... gauging interest and advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my truck... gauging interest and advice

This is not yet a for sale add... Just looking for advice, comments etc... Mods if this is not the proper place for this please move... Thanks

So... I'm thinking about selling my 03' Silverado 2500HD and looking to you guys for some advice opinions of how I want or should go about this. I am a little concerned that my market is narrow as the truck is modified, supercharged, tuned lifted, etc... Details on the Truck..

2003 Silverado ECSB 2500HD 6.0L LT
approx 52,000 miles
ProCharger Supercharger w/ custom intake since 18,000 Miles (so approximately 34,000 miles on Charger (oil changed every 6K, no problems thus far)
43lb 8.1L/Marine injectors and FastChips Tuned
Lifted 6" (at about 15,000 miles) 18's w 35" tires
Exhaust dumped after muffler
Hard tonnoeu cover
tube steps, billet grill
4.88 Gears front and back

I'll be completely honest the truck is not perfect, there is a dent in the rear bumper, a hole worn in the drivers seat, it needs tires, and has a growl from the drive train since lifting and gearing down. I don't have the time or money to get it in tip top shape before selling and would prefer to sell 'as is' to minimize my effort... I owe just a touch over $20k on the vehicle and have put an easy $10-$12K into it... I realize aftermarket does nothing for resale but I think the Supercharger should be worth something... So... I'm thinking w/ the supercharger I would ask $22-$23 as is or the other option is to remove the charger and sell seperately in which case I would ask for payoff on the truck (about $20K and $3K for the complete charger set up) Like I said The less work I have to do the better, but I do have the means of putting the truck back to its N/A state... My question is what is your opinion on my asking price and method of sale? Do I try 'as is' or would I be better off returning to N/A and selling seperate?? Welcoming all advice, concerns comments... Pics of truck in link of Sig

Thanks

Last edited by Chevmann99; 06-23-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

57 views and not even a "your crazy, I'll give you a dollar"

I'm dissappointed
Old 06-25-2007, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

I just paid $18,800 or a 2004 2500hd extended cab with a 6.0. 4x4 LT...does this help any?

you would be better of selling it stock or mainly with the lift removing the performance stuff
Old 06-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same here, its easier to sell if you demod it

when selling a truck like this its all about find that someone out there that wants this exact truck with these exact mods
Old 06-25-2007, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 4u 2 nv
I just paid $18,800 or a 2004 2500hd extended cab with a 6.0. 4x4 LT...does this help any?
Yes it does, but not in a good way... seems gas milage and the diesel rage has destroyed the used gas truck market, since the dealers have had to drop the prices of new trucks in order to move them, my truck is worth less than 1/2 of what I paid for it new... that sucks.

My gut feeling was that I would be better off removing the extras and selling or trading a mostly stock vehicle... obviously the lift stays (couldn't go back to stock even if it was possible as the 4.88 gearing would never allow for stock size tires) so assuming I remove the charger and put the tune back to stock, how big a deal is the dumped exhaust and the fact it needs tires (is that a deal breaker even if it gets negotiated into the price)

I'm not dead set on selling, I love my truck, but it's hard to justify a truck that has gotten an average of 9.7 MPG since new, must run on super and recently is only used on occasion to tow my boat (which hasn't gotten used much lately either) ($85 to go 200 miles hurts... and filling a 40 gallon tank on the boat = a $200+ day at the lake ) I really don't want to plunk down $1600 on new rubber either... just thinking I may like a stock truck just to use as a truck... I know you "got to pay to play" but I think my checking account is about all played out for a while... Yes this thread was started after doing some budget crunching and looking at what expenses I could reduce...

GD I'm a long winded SOB... Thanks for reading my dribble and for the reply's
Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if its any consolation (sp?) i would buy your truck if i had the money your asking for. seriously.

why dont you advertise it as either way, but allow 1 or 2 weeks to demod after a percentage of the payment... that way your not kicking your self for going through the trouble if it doesnt sell more stock or if a buyer wants it stock then backs out.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

You knwo you may not really like it. But if you know how to work a dealership. The best thing IMO. Would to remove/sale anything off the truck you could get money for. Use this as a payment on new truck, trade in this truck. Its sometimes easier to sell things but more times then not with modded things just trade them in. YOu actually may not take that bad of a hurting. Car dealers are always advertising we will cover the pay off difference and what not. Might be something to look into.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Both good thoughts to consider. For some reason the trading in hadn't crossed my mind. Thanks
Old 07-08-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

i know a ton of people that would be interested in ur procharger as well...
Old 07-09-2007, 04:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Allstar55566
i know a ton of people that would be interested in ur procharger as well...
Keep an eye in here for that... maybe.

So I am really bad at coming up with fair prices... I would be selling the entire setup... I'm guessing here but I think below is pretty accurate for what I paid new for each item...

$4500 - Procharger (complete original kit)
$180 - Upgraded inline Fuel pump (Walbro 255)
$450 - Marine 43lb injectors
$150 - The custom intake (have the stock Procharger one as well)
$800 - The 3 gauge piller pod w/ EGT, Boost, & electronic Fuel Pressure

Prices may be off some but, I know that there is well over $5K invested, probably closer to the $6K I came up w/ above. It's all got about 30K miles now, but is in perfect running order... I'm thinking somewhere around $3K is about right? High? Low? It's all hypothetical for now... Meh... I hate selling stuff

Last edited by Chevmann99; 07-09-2007 at 04:50 AM.