Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

1961 chevy monster truck for sale......

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1961 chevy monster truck for sale......

Okay, here are the specs on this beast. 1961 chevy pickup with a custom made extended cab. It still needs work and windows in the back. It has a 1962 hood on it as well. There are some rust pits but nothing major and it surprisingly in good shape for it's age. It is street legal in Texas (barely). It is titled as a 61 so no emmisions crap to worry about. Has current inspection and tags on it. Has cold A/C believe it or not!

The frame is a 79 blazer, so it has power steering and power disc brakes and even a hydraulic clutch.

15" of suspension lift with 3" custom body lift. Yes, 18" total lift. Notice in the pics the rocker clears the tops of the massive 44's. The wheels are 15x14 steel chrome wheels and the tires are 44" x 21" Truxus STS tires with lots of life left on them. dual pro comp shocks on each corner.

Drivetrain:
355ci SBC with a crane 4x4 cam (lumpy idle), runs strong engine has around 20,000 miles on it. I have all the receipts from previous owner
9.5:1 cr
demon carb
roller rocker arms
hei distributor
chrome everywhere
flexalite electric fans
coated headers
3" dual exhaust with flowmasters (loud as hell)
no cats installed and none needed for a '61
candy cane striped driveshafts

Muncie sm465 4 speed manual transmission
203 transfer case
14 bolt corp rear end with 4.11's
dana 44 front end with matching 4.11's (manual hubs)
ORU crossover steering conversion (just did this last month, makes a huge difference in turning radius) added new ball joints and a new tie rod when I did the installation, so the front end is basically brand new.
New front brakes last month as well (calipers and pads)

Interior is basically gutted right now with only 2 racing seats installed. It does have seat belts and all the gauges work with the exception of speedo (no cable) All lights, turn signals, etc work as well.

The truck drives really well for it's size. Stops good and turns awesome (although hi speed turns are not suggested) It even handles well on the highway (I have had it up to around 75mph)

Known problems: clutch will chatter if you try to launch at too high of an rpm (new clutch and a resurfaced flywheel would fix this) clutch performs fine with regular driving

Goodies that come with it:
14 bolt corp full floater rear axle with an eaton posi chunk brand new in the bag. Disc brake conversion partially done

205 transfer case, rebuilt and ready to go.

turbo 400 rebuilt and ready to go as well including torque converter.

Misc parts for the truck including heater core (not installed) window track for the driver door with new weatherstripping. side steps for the truck and a few other misc parts.

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff. This would make a great project truck and with some body work and an interior it could be an awesome show truck. It turns heads wherever it goes. This thing is almost 9' tall. You look eye to eye with the big rig drivers. It is 46" from the rocker to the ground!

I have no time to work on it as I am working 6 days a week again. Truck is available for inspection in NW Houston.

$7500 obo

a couple pics

the girl in this next photo (not my wife) is about 5'4" to give you a little perspective.

Last edited by smooth sierra; 11-10-2006 at 06:06 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Thats an awesome truck. I dont normally like trucks lifted that high, but this is not your average "jacked up" redneck truck. I think It's well worth what your asking. It looks like you have a lot of time put onto it. Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:44 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

bump for you
Old 11-09-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BowtieKyle
Thats an awesome truck. I dont normally like trucks lifted that high, but this is not your average "jacked up" redneck truck. I think It's well worth what your asking. It looks like you have a lot of time put onto it. Good luck with the sale.
thanks for the compliment, although I cannot take credit for all the work. I traded my jet boat for this beast a few months back with plans to finish it and have one hell of a show truck. I added the electric fans, the crossover steering, new brakes and I rewired the engine compartment. As mentioned work will prohibit further activity. I don't need a project right now.

A few things to add, the front bumper is custom fabbed and the bed has a roll pan and a smooth tailgate with 39 ford tail lights. I will try to get some more pictures of it this weekend.

This thing would make a great hunting truck just the way it sits for the avid hunters out there. You will not get this truck stuck in the mud!

I might consider interesting trades as well, but please no projects
Old 11-11-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

free bump just cause the truck is so BAD ***
Old 11-12-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

okay gang....some more pics as promised and some video. Now the videos are kinda poor cause they came from my digital camera but hopefully you can get an idea how awesome this thing sounds. It is healthy to say the least

videos first:
http://media.putfile.com/engine1-85
idling: http://media.putfile.com/idle-37
giving it a litlle gas: http://media.putfile.com/rev-it-up-94
Old 11-12-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

now the pics. These were taken today.

notice my wife's tahoe sitting next to the truck. That should help give you an idea of the size of this thing. the Tahoe is stock height.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

notice the a/c in the next pic, it actually works and blows ice cold air
Old 11-12-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

pics of the stuff that comes with the truck. 14 bolt full floater rear end with disc brake conversion partially done. would need the brackets and calipers and that's it. These rearends are bulletproof. I have a posi unit brand new in the bag to go in this rearend. I forgot to take a picture of it.

turbo 400 tranny, rebuilt and ready to go. Has a stock converter with it.

205 transfer case rebuilt and ready to bolt on the back of the turbo 400. With this combination and the full floater rear end you would have a bulletproof drivetrain. It is stout now, but it would be indestructable with the th400 and 205. These are the best parts available for these trucks.

There is alot of money invested in this truck and with a little more work on the body it would be a show stopper. $7500 is a great price with all that this includes. I figured there would be more interest. I will give a couple weeks and then on to ebay it goes.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

just listed it on ebay. Here is the item number.......bid away

Ebay item number: 200046981558

Quick Reply: 1961 chevy monster truck for sale......