THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Wrecked my truck...AGAIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Onyx 02
Damn, glad you and the wife are ok. That's a bad spot in town! I tried to avoid that area as much as possible while I was working there. There were people always doing stupid **** like pulling in front of you.
thanks man, yeah ive had plenty of close calls in that area but never a wreck. where did you work? are you from Longview?
Old 11-16-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

I'm glad that you and your wife are ok... good thing you were in a truck to protect you.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by onebad03
thanks man, yeah ive had plenty of close calls in that area but never a wreck. where did you work? are you from Longview?
I work for a company in Houston that designs, builds, and maintains labratorys. We've got a big client Huntsman that needed a new lab for their Flint Hills facility. I was working in Longview around March till June of this year. Nice town, wish I could make the kind of money I do here; would love to move to that area.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

Well I got an update....the other guys insurance company was dragging their feet so i called my insurance and filed a claim so my insurance will pay me and then go after his insurance company. his insurance company didnt even want to pay for a rental if that gives you an idea how they are. no word on if its totaled or not but they went and got it from the wrecking yard and transfered it to their storage facility because his insurance company just let it sit out there and racked up almost $400 worth of charges, but im not paying for so i dont care.lol! i also got an update on the guy i hit, it broke most of his ribs on his left side, he had to have his spleen(SP) removed,and one of his ribs punctured his heart. they had him on life support the saturday after the wreck but he was able to come off of it the next day. so to you guys and gals that daily drive small cars, please dont pull out in front of a truck and be extra careful in them.

BTW: to the guys who wanted the gauges, they said if it totals i cant remove them but they will pay me for them.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

if its totaled ask what they want for the truck its normally a really small fee to get the truck back and get the insurance money.. that way you can piece part items out to your new truck if you get one or sell stuff and make more money off parting the truck out if you get something else
Old 11-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup. I totalled an escape. They gave me like 17k for it and I purchased it back from them for like 3k. Then sold it to the body shop for that amount and he fixed it and sold it for profit.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Regular

if its really cheap i would like to buy it back. how much do yall think it might be. im kinda split, i want it to total because this would be the fourth time to get fixed, two with in two months, but then again i dont because i have no idea what im gonna get. i get this rental for 30 days so i should be able to find something by then. i just cant seem to keep this truck in one piece. i had a 93 RCSB for 3 years before this one and it looked like it just rolled off the lot, not a single dent much less a wreck.

Last edited by onebad03; 11-23-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by onebad03
if its really cheap i would like to buy it back. how much do yall think it might be. im kinda split, i want it to total because this would be the fourth time to get fixed, two with in two months, but then again i dont because i have no idea what im gonna get. i get this rental for 30 days so i should be able to find something by then. i just cant seem to keep this truck in one piece. i had a 93 RCSB for 3 years before this one and it looked like it just rolled off the lot, not a single dent much less a wreck.
dont know how much you can buy it back for it all depends on the insurance company... good luck with getting it total
Old 11-25-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

well the truck totaled. i didnt check to see how much to buy it back for but i really dont want to mess with it anyways because that truck was bad luck! now it time to go hunt for another one.