THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

why are parts store workers idiots

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 11:46 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL I wont go into detail with this story as it would be really long. It involved going to two different stores, and talking with four different employees at each store. (Oriellys stocks electric fan controllers on their shelf, but i didnt find them so i was asking)

Im standing in line, the guy in front of me asks the employee "valve covers gaskets for a 19XX Z28" employee says "whats a z28" (Come on guy) Well he searches and says "we dont stock them" (dont stock them WTF) Then he finds some they have and says "We only have them in pairs, you dont want two do you?" LMAO So I immediatly step out of that line a get in another. I ask the next guy behind the counter "Im looking for the electric fan controller that ya'll used to stock on the shelfs, etc." The guy says "Whats it do" I said "It controls the electric fans " OMFG I was pissed when I left, but luckily and guy walked from the back, I asked, he said, oh yea here ya go.
________
Child Prilosec

Last edited by A Low Dime; 09-02-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I Had These Girls Asking That Crap To The Customers About The Wiper Blades-2wd,engine,year,model,etc Etc.... Im Like Go Outside,take It Off Measure It And Done!!! Cars Mainly 16s-19s,trucks 22's
Old 08-26-2008, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
LOL I wont go into detail with this story as it would be really long. It involved going to two different stores, and talking with four different employees at each store. (Oriellys stocks electric fan controllers on their shelf, but i didnt find them so i was asking)

Im standing in line, the guy in front of me asks the employee "valve covers gaskets for a 19XX Z28" employee says "whats a z28" (Come on guy) Well he searches and says "we dont stock them" (dont stock them WTF) Then he finds some they have and says "We only have them in pairs, you dont want two do you?" LMAO So I immediatly step out of that line a get in another. I ask the next guy behind the counter "Im looking for the electric fan controller that ya'll used to stock on the shelfs, etc." The guy says "Whats it do" I said "It controls the electric fans " OMFG I was pissed when I left, but luckily and guy walked from the back, I asked, he said, oh yea here ya go.

DID YOU FIND THE CONTROLLER?? ITS A HAYDEN 3647
Old 08-27-2008, 12:52 AM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just remember, for every idiot parts guy, there's an idiot customer that doesn't know if the have a 4.3 or a 5.3 in they're pickup.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NHolds
I used to run a Pep Boys store in NH.... the reason is.... you can't pay the help enough to get someone with knowledge normally.... I was only allowed to pay my guys $7-8 bucks an hour for counter help. That was 10 years ago... but I'm sure the same still applies.
ding ding ding - we have a winner,
Old 08-27-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cheyenne383
Just remember, for every idiot parts guy, there's an idiot customer that doesn't know if the have a 4.3 or a 5.3 in they're pickup.
YES THANK YOU-LOL I HAVE THESE CUSTOMERS TELLING ME THAT THERE CAR IS BOTH STANDARD AND AUTOMATIC-LOL/ SOME OF THEM THERE ENGINE IS ALWAYS A 350-LOL
Old 08-27-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chevrolade
YES THANK YOU-LOL I HAVE THESE CUSTOMERS TELLING ME THAT THERE CAR IS BOTH STANDARD AND AUTOMATIC-LOL/ SOME OF THEM THERE ENGINE IS ALWAYS A 350-LOL
lol I like when the auto parts people try to strike up convos with you...like my buddy and I went in and they ask the norm, year, engine blah blah...so hes like 5.3 and the kid behind the counter was like "nice...the new 327 huh"...herd the rip...lol we both just looked at each other and was like yep shes an animal!...
Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

The computer tells the guy everything he needs to know. You really only need to know the major systems of a car not about every car ever made.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JakeBrakeIH
so hes like 5.3 and the kid behind the counter was like "nice...the new 327 huh"...herd the rip...lol we both just looked at each other and was like yep shes an animal!...
haha some one told me they liked my 302... to bad it was my 4.8L in my truck!
this has happened multiple times too
Old 09-16-2008, 09:10 AM
I <3 compressor surge

Originally Posted by NHolds
I used to run a Pep Boys store in NH.... the reason is.... you can't pay the help enough to get someone with knowledge normally.... I was only allowed to pay my guys $7-8 bucks an hour for counter help. That was 10 years ago... but I'm sure the same still applies.
I work in a family owned auto parts store / garage and I hate when people bash counter guys for not knowing everything about every car that came off the assembly line.. You are supposed to know everything from how to adjust points to reprogramming passlock with a replacement pcm and be paid less than the dumbass taking $20 off of you to turn the gas pump on. The shop is even worse with people trying to stop our hourly tech's and ask them how to fix theier car, and then go somewhere else and buy the parts!

Quick Reply: why are parts store workers idiots