THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!
View Poll Results: what would you do?
sell rcsb and use money to buy ccsb and turbo as daily driver
0%
buy ccsb and leave stock, AND keep rcsb as play toy
88.89%
just keep driving rcsb and deal with lilited space since its paid off
11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what would you do?

we brought our newborn son home from the hospital last week. now that there is my wife, 2 sons, and myself, we all couldnt fit in my rcsb if we had to. the rcsb is my daily driver as of now, but we always take my wifes truck everywhere anyways.

OPTION A:
sooo ive been thinking about getting myself a ccsb, selling my truck and using that money to put a turbo kit/80e in it and calling it done. (this way i could pull double duty)

OPTION B:
Keeping my truck just a play toy, and buying a ccsb so i have a family cruiser and leaving it stock.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

the only issue i have with option b is that i WANT to go turbo one way or the other, and if i buy a ccsb, it will be at least a year or so before buying turbo kit, plus i would need to change converter/gears to match turbo, which will cost a lot more $$$$
Old 07-24-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

nobody?
Old 07-24-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buy the ccsb and leave it stock. leave the modding to the truck the family will not be in. stock CCSB= family safety and reliability
Old 07-24-2011, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont blame you I just sold my lifted truck yesterday and getting a bone stock for everyday driving now having a family, toys are not much use anymore
Old 07-24-2011, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since you already ride everywhere in the wives why not just keep everything the way it is and put the money you would spend on a crew cab on a turbo kit
Old 07-24-2011, 02:26 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

I'd buy the cc and just mod it mildly (bolt-ons, torquey cam, etc), and keep the rcsb as a play toy
Old 07-24-2011, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

i guess i shoulda stated that money is an issue here. lol if i buy a cc, the modding almost completely stops on the rcsb, at least until the cc is paid off. my logic was that i could buy a cc, sell the rcsb, and the money i get for the rcsb will almost buy everything needed for the turbo kit and 80e swap. just do the whole shabang, and be done with it. no continuous modding, money pit type of deal. i dont really have the time anymore to be messing with the truck constantly anymore. if i could have my cake and eat it too, i would buy me a new dmax and continue modding the rcsb, but that aint happenin
Old 07-24-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bmd_CL
since you already ride everywhere in the wives why not just keep everything the way it is and put the money you would spend on a crew cab on a turbo kit
because shes a 2000 model with 147k miles. i think its time to stop driving her all the time. besides, i see it now, she would be like"you just bought that converter, why are you wanting another one??? whats wrong with your rear end? why do you need 3:42's when you wanted the 4:10's a couple of years ago??

she supports me and my hobby....to an extent lol
Old 07-24-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i say keep the rcsb since she paid for...dont have to worry bout that payment everymonth n trade ur old ladys truck for the cc...thats what i would do