THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

now this is exciting. going to build a nice garage

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 06:56 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 Words then...MAN CAVE!!!

Dustin
Old 05-25-2008, 09:05 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got the last of the walls and wall sheeting up. we busted *** today since it was too muddy yesterday and is suppose to rain more tonight. trusses are done and ready to deliver and the week off starts next friday so i hope we get alot done that week.

daylon shot ryan in the ***** with the nail gun , tried a toe nail and was a little shallow and it deflected and got him right in the nut sack, put him down. seemed to be ok so we got a good laugh from it.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:10 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Glad so see its coming along nicely! Also its good to hear everyone and their nut sacks are oK!

Dustin
Old 05-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

Can't wait to see it when it's finished!
Old 05-25-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by parish8
asphalt shingles last 30 years around here. might do standing metal seam roofing in green. i like that look. never seen anyone use copper other than some high buck church's. copper would last prety much forever but cost a fortune.

i thought about designing in a tall cieling area with some sizor trusses. that would get me a 17' tall room in the section where i uesd them but i would give up some of my attic room. decided i will just box out the cieling where i put the lift to get the height i want and that will have minial effect of the attic room.

kind of thinking about making something cool out of that space eventualy.
Jim..

Eric and I did the same thing, but we have the garage already built, but not as big as the castle your building. The garage we have is about 1000 sq ft. We're going back and forth with the idea of a bath going in.

We're in the middle of a new roof install and we went with steel. I can't wait till it's finished. Hey, do yall have to have a State Wind and Storm policy separate from the house, or are you far enough inland that it's not required? Since we're in Brazoria County we're required to have the Texas Wind and Storm coverage. With the new steel roof install, there's going to be a discount on the insurance.

All the best on your new build.

Lisa
Old 05-25-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by parish8
got the last of the walls and wall sheeting up. we busted *** today since it was too muddy yesterday and is suppose to rain more tonight. trusses are done and ready to deliver and the week off starts next friday so i hope we get alot done that week.

daylon shot ryan in the ***** with the nail gun , tried a toe nail and was a little shallow and it deflected and got him right in the nut sack, put him down. seemed to be ok so we got a good laugh from it.

How close are those power lines going to be to the roof?
Old 05-25-2008, 11:01 PM
single digit dreamer

we dont have anything extreme for wind protection, just some metal brackets that tie each truss to the wall. the building is 25' off the back property line wich is where the wires are so no where near them.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:08 PM
single digit dreamer

how does the cost of the metal roof compare to asphalt shingles? i do like the look but for some reason they haven't really caught on around here. there are a few people with them. we do have hail a few times a year. seems like that type of roof would fill up with dings pretty fast.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Baltimore Whore

Looks good Jim, have ya thought about putting a barn style roof on there, it would give ya alot more room to play with....

John
Old 05-25-2008, 11:13 PM
SPAM HUNTER

But remember those are dents, those are speed dimples! Also IMO a shingle roof would look better also i have noticed (the club house at my work has a metal roof) you seem to have to work out all the little water leaks, and deal with all the noise (heat expansion and what not) plus it really does just look kinda shitty!

Dustin

Quick Reply: now this is exciting. going to build a nice garage