THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

New Toy I picked up today

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 02:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile New Toy I picked up today

Well, I sold my trustworthy 97 Softail Custom yesterday and was so distraught about it that I went out today and bought myself a 2000 Heritage Classic. It's the cleanest bike I've ever owned, by far. Pearl White, that wouldn't show up with the clouds out today, is the color. It's got a good bit of add-ons and aside from the one missing exhaust shield, I honestly do not know of anything I want to do to it....except for RIDE! The wife tried to talk me into getting another car to race and mod, but the bikes take care of the stress, so the car can wait...

Engine has a 95" Zipper engine kit, Zipper's heads, unknown Andrews cams, S&S carb, and a ThunderHeader. Dynoed at 97whp with carb a bit rich, but feels good riding. I loved my Softail Custom, but think it isn't going to take me more than a few miles to forget about it...

Old 04-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

My dad has an 03 in the pearly color too, nice bike for sure.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking man. Did you do the ride today?? I was going to go, but got side tracked.. Zippers does some great engines..
Old 04-10-2011, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
My dad has an 03 in the pearly color too, nice bike for sure.
Sucky part is that the sun was out when I was looking at it to buy. Then it got gloomy out when I got home with it and got the camera out. The pearl is kinda hard to capture in a pic.

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Nice looking man. Did you do the ride today?? I was going to go, but got side tracked.. Zippers does some great engines..
Thanks John. I went for a short ride just because I couldn't stand not doing it, lol. I slapped the tag from my Softail Custom on it but didn't want to push my luck too far. Hopefully get it inspected and legal tomorrow, since I am off anyway. Agree with you about Zippers. That's one of the reasons I had no worries about buying this one. That and the previous owner was obviously very **** about upkeep. He had this one, a 2011 Road King, a 2001 Screamin' Eagle Road King and a 2002 Anniversary edition SS Camaro with 2800 miles on it. I almost felt bad having my dirty truck in his driveway, LOL
Old 04-10-2011, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, he had some coin w/. all those toys. My bro has a Ultra in that Pearl White color. Really pops in the sun.

Now I wanna get my HD out. It's now time since the weather is breakin here. Gotta bring outta staorage & now your pic really make me wanna.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fastnblu
WOW, he had some coin w/. all those toys. My bro has a Ultra in that Pearl White color. Really pops in the sun.

Now I wanna get my HD out. It's now time since the weather is breakin here. Gotta bring outta staorage & now your pic really make me wanna.
Yeah he's done well for himself, evidently. I forgot his garaged "tow" vehicle was an 02 Silverado HD2500 with like 30,000 miles on it. Made mine look like a junker it was so clean. I agree that the pearl really does look good in the sun. Can't wait for it to come out again, lol.

Ride safe!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as an oldmancycle, that's real nice lookin bike
Old 04-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Baltimore Whore

Well you still answered my ??? lol.. I think HD or somebody had a charity ride today..
Old 04-10-2011, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

WTF? I am half blind. I thought I read that you asked if I went for a ride today? lol...now I see/read did I "do the ride today"...

The ride that left The Harley Store actually messed me up since I had to cross Pulaski Hwy to work my way over to Ellicott City to get the bike. Police had the crossflow traffic stopped so I was sitting for roughly 10 minutes, or more, while they all rode by.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Baltimore Whore

HAHAHA.. Its all good.. There is another one coming up soon I think( heard something about it)

Quick Reply: New Toy I picked up today