THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

New Cutout + Police=...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Cutout + Police=...

Defective Exhaust-Too Loud

There were no cars in sight and I was shooting a vid with my new cutout open and this SOB was hidden..oh well $55 bucks is better than a fine for no cats
Old 10-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Frame it and hang it in the garage!!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

did you shut it when he pulled you over or just leave it open?
i was always afraid of a cop showing up when i was in the camaro
Old 10-05-2008, 10:43 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't it just a fix-it-ticket? Wow, congrats. Whenever I slide by the law I hold my breath.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a fake receipt from a local muffler shop saying i got my exhaust fixed and it was dissmissed for $10.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:48 PM
SPAM HUNTER

The other day as i was leaving the local wendy's a cop pulled beside me. I was told my truck was to loud and i could be ticketed. I explained to him there was nothing i could do about it, the truck already has a full exhaust it cant anymore FULL. He got a dumb look on his face and told me i should watch out for what i say. When he pulled away, finally, i just proceeded to leave at my normal pace, then gave it a nice 6k run through first , of course after i turn around the corner.
(just a quick story i thought i would share)

about hanging it up in the garage.

Dustin
Old 10-05-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 95 bright teal
did you shut it when he pulled you over or just leave it open?
i was always afraid of a cop showing up when i was in the camaro
I closed the SOB the second I saw him, I told him it was a cutout and I was being dumb (I had to try for some sympathy...)

Originally Posted by trever1t
Isn't it just a fix-it-ticket? Wow, congrats. Whenever I slide by the law I hold my breath.
Ya its fix it or pay $55, and the local (Stillwater is a small town with a big University) exhaust shops wont touch my truck because I don't have cats so I'm just going to pay it.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Junkie

haha, nice work. Ill share a little blip, comin home from the track last friday about 11pm, got pulled over after taking a dip REALLY slow so I didnt mash the axle into my un-notched frame. cop gave me a real dirty look and sure as **** I see head lights haulin *** beind me. lit up. basically got pulled over for my LP light, cop says to me "also ur truck is way to loud for the city ordinance, what kind of exhaust is it?" "Magnaflow, sir" (Im always polite, especially after telling him my firearm is under my seat), "do you have cats?" kinda caught me off guard I said "what?.. oh, yeah" haha he bought it, no ticket or anything so I know it was kinda of a 'blow me' thing. haha that made me feel better about the truck nice ticket btw
Old 10-06-2008, 01:17 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

fight the ticket. it will be an easy one, and you will not even need a lawyer. heres how you swing it.

go to the judge and ask him "EXACTLY how loud is too loud???"

chances are he will look at you confused or he will pull the book and give you a decible number.

next ask if the cop has how many decibles your truck produced on record. DO NOT ACT DICKHOLISH DURING THIS CONVO!! the judge can make your life a living hell hahahaha. dress nice and act like your interested in whats going on. dont go in like its you VS. "THE MAN" even though thats your intention

what it boils down to is: lack of evidence=no tickets. i get out of alot hahah. they will pay more attention to you if your dressed like your going to a funeral. also if he shoots you down and says bring it to court ask him about alternative punishments. here in texas you can do differred adjudification, community service blah blah to keep from having a ticket on record...

or if its not worth it to you excessive noise is not a moving violation and wouldnt go to your driving record...in texas anyways
Old 10-06-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
fight the ticket. it will be an easy one, and you will not even need a lawyer. heres how you swing it.

go to the judge and ask him "EXACTLY how loud is too loud???"

chances are he will look at you confused or he will pull the book and give you a decible number.

next ask if the cop has how many decibles your truck produced on record. DO NOT ACT DICKHOLISH DURING THIS CONVO!! the judge can make your life a living hell hahahaha. dress nice and act like your interested in whats going on. dont go in like its you VS. "THE MAN" even though thats your intention

what it boils down to is: lack of evidence=no tickets. i get out of alot hahah. they will pay more attention to you if your dressed like your going to a funeral. also if he shoots you down and says bring it to court ask him about alternative punishments. here in texas you can do differred adjudification, community service blah blah to keep from having a ticket on record...

or if its not worth it to you excessive noise is not a moving violation and wouldnt go to your driving record...in texas anyways

Jesus, I woulda asked how u know all that but I just read the tickets post. I think u'll spend more money in gas and time off work than that 55 dollars is worth! haha

Quick Reply: New Cutout + Police=...