THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

my morning so far.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my morning so far.

im the service manager at a shop, which means i get to deal with lots of parts guys and customers. i dont mind, i like people. but i hate stupid people. i have yet to see or talk to a smart person today. its been fun. no one has snt the correct parts the first time around, and half of them still didnt the second time around. i actually had to go to one place and get the right part. here's how my mornin has been so far.

this is verbatim, just edited cause i dont know your policy on language here.

"hey this is ryan from all tune, i need the a/c luqid line that goes from the compressor to the drier, and condesnor. vehicle is an 01 focus single cam"
"gotchya, liquid line, 01 focus"
"yeah, it s the only one that goes into the compressor"
"ok, on its way"
five minutes later...
"hey, this is ryan from all tune, you sent me the wrong hose. i need the one that goes into the compressor"
'you told me the liquid line"
"yeah, but the hose goes into the compessor. its the only one that goes into it. it has a double fitting for both inlet and outlet"
he's not listening, just typing
"ok, i found another line"
"does it go into the comrpessor"
"yeah, i think so"
'no i think so. is it the right one"
"yeah. on its way"
five minutes later
"this is ryan from all tune. ill be at your door in three minutes with the incorrect line. again. and the correct one i just pulled off the car"
i walk in with the line, he looks at it and goes
"this is the one that goes into the comrpessor. you told me liquid line''
"no fukctard, i told you both times it was the ONLY line that goes into the compressor, and one side is liquid. there are three a/c lines in this car, ONLY ONE GOES INTO THE COPMPRESSOR. ARE YOU DEAF OR JUST FUKCING STUPID!"
"you dont have to shout, sir"
"obviously i do, cause its the only way you're going to hear me correctly"
"well, i foudn your compressor hose. its in tampa, so youwont be able to get it till moday"
(tampa is three hours from here)
"no, i will have it today. go get it"
"sir i cant get it. the truck from tampa is already on its way"
" dont call me sir, i work for a living, and i know for a fact the truck ahsnt left yet, becuase it leaves your hub at ten o clock. and even if it left early, i will get this hose today if you have to drive there and get it yourself. or youll have to deal with me. you have four hours to get this hose to my door or i will call your dm and have your *** fired."
"sir, if you would like-"
"i personally know your dm, and have his personal cell number in my phone. do you really want me to interrupt his golf game right now, or would you rather GO GET ME THE RIGHT ****ING PARTS!"
i then left the store. the manager called me and said i will have the parts by the afternoon.

its haven been a fun morning....... dont even get me started on small ford truck upper ball joints.....
Old 08-25-2007, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

haha stupid people make me mad too.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Catholic Damage
do you really want me to interrupt his golf game right now, or would you rather GO GET ME THE RIGHT ****ING PARTS!"
thats my favorite part
Old 08-25-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

anybody ever tell ya you're an *******?

yes, I understand your frustration with the wrong parts, however there's no need to threaten somebody's job. If you would have pulled that **** with me you would have left the store either on your own or in cuffs. I think you stepped over the line regardless of the situation.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Colby 04
anybody ever tell ya you're an *******?

yes, I understand your frustration with the wrong parts, however there's no need to threaten somebody's job. If you would have pulled that **** with me you would have left the store either on your own or in cuffs. I think you stepped over the line regardless of the situation.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MNzZzsvOClc
yes, as a matter of fact....

and i used to run the store that this moron is now running. straight into the ground. this isnt the first time this guy has majorly screwed up. he's lost four accounts in the month and a half he'sbeen there. so if i dont get him fired, he's got two more weeks before he gets fired on his own. i would pull 30 grand a week at that store in sales. he's doing about 19...
Old 08-25-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

"no fukctard, i told you both times it was the ONLY line that goes into the compressor, and one side is liquid. there are three a/c lines in this car, ONLY ONE GOES INTO THE COPMPRESSOR. ARE YOU DEAF OR JUST FUKCING STUPID!"
yeah this is the part where i woulda gouged your eye out.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i would have loved to see him try. almost two months of me puttin up with this guy's ignorant bullshit is building up alot of frustration on both me and my technicians.....
he couldnt tell a god damn spark plug from freeze plug if i shoved them up his nostril and told him which one was where...
Old 08-25-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXsilverado

Old 08-25-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a really short temper when it comes to stupid people. It may not be the right thing to do but sometimes that is what it takes to get people to understand. I have to put up with stupid people everyday, and when I get deployed in a few months they will get people killed. At least your stupid people don't put your life in danger. I was never scared to go to Iraq, until I found out how stupid the people in this ******* unit are. Now I'm scared shitless.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by usarmyman
... It may not be the right thing to do but sometimes that is what it takes to get people to understand....
Oh yeah!...I always comprehend much better when people call me a fucktard and threaten my job

Quick Reply: my morning so far.