THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Murder or Self Defense

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 BLACKOUTSSS
Until you have stared through the sights into the whites of someones eyes, you do not know how you are going to react. I have served with both, men that cry after killing, and men that smile. Everyone reacts differently, and until you pull that trigger, and take a life, you don't know how you are going to react.

Fellas, I apologize if I seem aggitated. I feel very strongly connected to these kids. I will always be a Marine at heart and some of these comments seemed a little bit like unjustified attacks. No offense was intended with any of my replies.
I never have any plans of ever killing anyone. I do have plans of getting a concealed license. I havent been trained to kill and never will be?
Old 06-06-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you shot somebody in the leg, its not longer attempted murder, its just assault
Old 06-06-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

6 shots is excessive, one or two (given the circumstances) and he probably wouldnt be getting charged with murder
Old 06-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He should have went through police training. Then he wouldn't have this problem cuz he woulda only hit the guy once.
lol

Ever see on the news where the cop empties an entire clip at someone a few feet away and only hits like once.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
I never have any plans of ever killing anyone. I do have plans of getting a concealed license. I havent been trained to kill and never will be?
as soon as you take the CCW course, you will understand where I am coming from regarding me saying its murder.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

This is going to be a very interesting case. Hell, I wish I would get picked to serve on the jury. The following is all my opinion:

The murder charges were brought about to try not to upset the black community. No, this was not a racial issue but since a white guy and black guys were involved it got turned into one. The robbers lost all their rights when they came into the store with a gun telling the guy that they were going to 'f*cking kill him'. A black judge has been assigned to this case. Whether or not that makes a difference, I'm not sure. There has also been talk of moving the trial somewhere else since this has turned into a high profile case. I think that would increase the guy's chances of getting convicted. If this does go all the way to trial, I'm sure his mental state will be used as a defense as well. In the end, the biggest thing that is going to help him is having an Oklahoma jury. I don't see a random sampling of Oklahomans putting this guy behind jail. Yes, he killed that guy but I don't think he belongs behind jail. Call it murder or call it justice, but I don't think he needs to spend time in jail for doing society a favor. There may not be one thing I hate more than these kids' mothers telling the media that he was 'a good kid'. Horseshit. Good kids don't commit armed robbery. It ultimately boils down to parenting or the lack of it.

PS: All the talk about military talk reminded me of the Family Guy quote where Stewie said, 'Oh great, the bottom 10% of our high school class is off to fight another war.' Not that I necessarily agree with that but it just reminded me of it and made me laugh.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by viciousknid
He should have went through police training. Then he wouldn't have this problem cuz he woulda only hit the guy once.
lol

Ever see on the news where the cop empties an entire clip at someone a few feet away and only hits like once.
Seriously, some of those guys couldn't hit the ground with a rock.

Originally Posted by thiems
This is going to be a very interesting case. Hell, I wish I would get picked to serve on the jury. The following is all my opinion:

The murder charges were brought about to try not to upset the black community. No, this was not a racial issue but since a white guy and black guys were involved it got turned into one. The robbers lost all their rights when they came into the store with a gun telling the guy that they were going to 'f*cking kill him'. A black judge has been assigned to this case. Whether or not that makes a difference, I'm not sure. There has also been talk of moving the trial somewhere else since this has turned into a high profile case. I think that would increase the guy's chances of getting convicted. If this does go all the way to trial, I'm sure his mental state will be used as a defense as well. In the end, the biggest thing that is going to help him is having an Oklahoma jury. I don't see a random sampling of Oklahomans putting this guy behind jail. Yes, he killed that guy but I don't think he belongs behind jail. Call it murder or call it justice, but I don't think he needs to spend time in jail for doing society a favor. There may not be one thing I hate more than these kids' mothers telling the media that he was 'a good kid'. Horseshit. Good kids don't commit armed robbery. It ultimately boils down to parenting or the lack of it.

PS: All the talk about military talk reminded me of the Family Guy quote where Stewie said, 'Oh great, the bottom 10% of our high school class is off to fight another war.' Not that I necessarily agree with that but it just reminded me of it and made me laugh.
Of course the media calls this a race issue. Why wouldn't they, its the only way that Al Shitton can get involved and 'demand justice for an unjust murder of a young black prospect'. Christ I hate people!!!

That brings up another point, I hate the media more than parents that say "he was a good kid". In my eyes, there are no "news stations" left, they are all just ratings ****** and one small format change away from competing with Jon Stewart.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Teching In

What I think is really funny is when you watch the video the kid who gets killed didn't even have his mask on until they were in the store. It was like hell yeah let's rob this place, damn I forgot to put on my mask. Personally I would have shot the one with the gun.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:30 PM
12 Second Truck Club

You missed the point. I am not saying that we play by a different rules when here in the states. We have different rules when overseas. In the Marine Corps, there is no shoot to wound. If anyone tells you different, they are lying. Its now considered Inhumane by the Geneva Convention, and therefore illegal. If it happens that whoever it is isn't killed, then that person is detained and treated, NOT RELEASED. This isn't sport fishing. Trust me, we are held to higher standard than the public because if we screw up in a social setting, we are on the news giving a bad name to the entire branch of service that we belong to.

Dude, you are from Lawton, OK. That is the pimple on the rectum of the world as far as military towns are concerned. Trust me, I travel from base to base training Soldiers, so I have been to most of them. Lawton takes the cake, plus you have primarily Heavy Artillery stationed there, you don't have to be smart to pull a lanyard. I am not saying that they are all stupid, but you probably have a higher concentration of "dumb" than you would find in other places. And yes, I can call them dumb, they are my brothers, and I love them all, even some of them are socially retarded. None the less, if you haven't chewed the same dirt with them, in my eyes, you don't have the right to call them dumbasses. They still volunteered to put there lives on the line to defend the freedoms that you exploit daily. I say 'you' and not 'us' intentionally...I earned my freedoms.

And I am not saying that I think any less of anyone that chooses not to serve, I am saying that they should show some respect to those that have and still do is all.

I'm the dumbass? You don't have to ride a ******* bull to be a "cowboy". All I was saying is that he was a little loose with his moral fiber when he made the decision to follow this kid and smoke him. I still think the kid deserved it, but I see people everyday that need to be killed, but I don't do it, why...because I am not in a situation where the law allows it.

"...and I will tell you if this happened to me I would have done about the same thing..."

You can't honestly say that because of you're next sentence. "...Most people, including myself, probably dont even know how to think in a situation like this..."

Until you have stared through the sights into the whites of someones eyes, you do not know how you are going to react. I have served with both, men that cry after killing, and men that smile. Everyone reacts differently, and until you pull that trigger, and take a life, you don't know how you are going to react.

Fellas, I apologize if I seem aggitated. I feel very strongly connected to these kids. I will always be a Marine at heart and some of these comments seemed a little bit like unjustified attacks. No offense was intended with any of my replies.
OK, well to answer some things you said, you did not earn your right to freedom. Only the men who fought for your freedom and this Nation deserve that title. You deserve it no more than anyone else legally a citizen of this great nation. In fact when you took your oath, being you are still in the Military, you are not free. You Sir are Goverment Issue. A piece of Equipment belonging to the United States Government until you fulfill your commitment. You are right there is no shoot to wound, but you can only fire if fired upon. Just having a weapon pointed at you now over there does not justify you being able to shot them. We live by different laws here. The law here is that if you are in fear of your life or the harm of your property then you are allow to protect it. Unless you have a CHL this applys to you. Now if you have a CHL or other weapons licensing then you better have your **** straight for the LEO's because you are trained, PROVEN, and licensed to be able to make a kill shot. Really though, no one knows what the guy was doing outside of the camera's view. Unless you are proven guilty, you are not guilty by our laws. So without evidence that the guy was no longer a threat, he should not be charged.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

You missed the point. I am not saying that we play by a different rules when here in the states. We have different rules when overseas. In the Marine Corps, there is no shoot to wound. If anyone tells you different, they are lying. Its now considered Inhumane by the Geneva Convention, and therefore illegal. If it happens that whoever it is isn't killed, then that person is detained and treated, NOT RELEASED. This isn't sport fishing. Trust me, we are held to higher standard than the public because if we screw up in a social setting, we are on the news giving a bad name to the entire branch of service that we belong to.

Dude, you are from Lawton, OK. That is the pimple on the rectum of the world as far as military towns are concerned. Trust me, I travel from base to base training Soldiers, so I have been to most of them. Lawton takes the cake, plus you have primarily Heavy Artillery stationed there, you don't have to be smart to pull a lanyard. I am not saying that they are all stupid, but you probably have a higher concentration of "dumb" than you would find in other places. And yes, I can call them dumb, they are my brothers, and I love them all, even some of them are socially retarded. None the less, if you haven't chewed the same dirt with them, in my eyes, you don't have the right to call them dumbasses. They still volunteered to put there lives on the line to defend the freedoms that you exploit daily. I say 'you' and not 'us' intentionally...I earned my freedoms.

And I am not saying that I think any less of anyone that chooses not to serve, I am saying that they should show some respect to those that have and still do is all.

I'm the dumbass? You don't have to ride a ******* bull to be a "cowboy". All I was saying is that he was a little loose with his moral fiber when he made the decision to follow this kid and smoke him. I still think the kid deserved it, but I see people everyday that need to be killed, but I don't do it, why...because I am not in a situation where the law allows it.

"...and I will tell you if this happened to me I would have done about the same thing..."

You can't honestly say that because of you're next sentence. "...Most people, including myself, probably dont even know how to think in a situation like this..."

LMAO, big +1. I've been in the Army a while, the people that make it up are no different than a random collection of civilians...some are or used to be worthless, some are really great people, some are average.

I also agree with the whole killing thing. Sure everybody would like to shoot someone like the kid in this situation, but that's not the half of it. For example some people have mental issues for a long time after offing some hadji spraying an AK, and that is someone with the single purpose to end your life, there's a bit more personal justification in that scenario than some G-Unit ****** breaking into your store, and it's still hard to get by. If your in a scenario in real life when **** really hits the fan you will understand..it's not as easy as it looks before during or after.

Last edited by LMSeven; 06-06-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Murder or Self Defense