THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Murder or Self Defense

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 04:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree %100 with DozerDan, he deserved to die. have you ever heard stories about soldiers who only wound an enemy and the same bastard comes back and kills a few fellow soldiers? karma is a bitch
Old 06-06-2009, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 454SuperSport
i agree %100 with DozerDan, he deserved to die. have you ever heard stories about soldiers who only wound an enemy and the same bastard comes back and kills a few fellow soldiers? karma is a bitch
I have spent quite a few years in the military and have never heard of that. Movies maybe. Soldiers and Marines play by a different set of rules, and those rules are constantly changing depending on the current political climate. The rules in Oklahoma, or whereever this guy is are the same. The use of deadly force is only authorized to stop ending your life. He did that. Good Job, anythng further is murder. The fact remains, if you have time to go get another gun, the threat has gone away.

Last edited by 03 BLACKOUTSSS; 06-07-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Adjust an Over-Reaction
Old 06-06-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03 BLACKOUTSSS
What the **** does that have to do with anything? I have spent quite a few years in the military and have never heard of that. Movies maybe. Soldiers and Marines play by a different set of rules, and those rules are constantly changing depending on the current political climate. The rules in Oklahoma, or whereever the **** this guy is are the same. The use of deadly force is only authorized to stop ending your life. He did that. Good Job, anythng further is murder. The fact remains, if you have time to go get another gun, the threat has gone away.
What? People in the military are the same as people not in the military. They get Dui's, they speed, they get cheated on, they cheat, they steel, they kill, etc. Just like anyone else in the outside world, they are human. Just because there is a set of rules doesn't mean that they play by them. Military or not.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 02Reaper
What? People in the military are the same as people not in the military. They get Dui's, they speed, they get cheated on, they cheat, they steel, they kill, etc. Just like anyone else in the outside world, they are human. Just because there is a set of rules doesn't mean that they play by them. Military or not.
Going to school in a military town, the army guys around where I live are the worst. You get a bunch of people without college degrees and enlistment being their last option aside from selling drugs and it's not a good combination. Of course I'm not talking about everyone in the military, but let's be honest I'm not making up stuff here.

I have to deal with it every day with these jackasses.

Sort of off topic I guess, but it goes hand and hand with your post in saying that they're just as bad(actually worse) than civilians.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I hate to say it, but I think this guy is a ******* cowboy. From the facts being made public, it wouldn't surprise me if he was found guilty of murder...which sucks because he did society a service by smoking that kid.
A cowboy? you dumbass this dude probably has around 8+ years of school. Pretty far from a cowboy.

I start pharmacy school in August, and I will tell you if this happened to me I would have done about the same thing. Most people, including myself, probably dont even know how to think in a situation like this. Try to kill me and I will probably return the favor.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Where's the Beef?

You do realize that you just tried to contradict what he said by making the exact same point he made right?

You both just said that being a soldier has nothing to do with what the guy did. There are rules you have to obey and he didn't obey them.

First half was self defense. Getting another gun and finishing him off was murder.
This of course depends on what the person on the floor was doing, If he was still trying to shoot it was still self defense. However, Did you see how close he walked up to the guy to finish him? If someone is on the floor trying to shoot you, would you walk up almost completely on top of him before pulling the trigger?

I can't see how that's difficult to understand.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

You missed the point. I am not saying that we play by a different rules when here in the states. We have different rules when overseas. In the Marine Corps, there is no shoot to wound. If anyone tells you different, they are lying. Its now considered Inhumane by the Geneva Convention, and therefore illegal. If it happens that whoever it is isn't killed, then that person is detained and treated, NOT RELEASED. This isn't sport fishing. Trust me, we are held to higher standard than the public because if we screw up in a social setting, we are on the news giving a bad name to the entire branch of service that we belong to.

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
A cowboy? you dumbass this dude probably has around 8+ years of school. Pretty far from a cowboy.

I start pharmacy school in August, and I will tell you if this happened to me I would have done about the same thing. Most people, including myself, probably dont even know how to think in a situation like this. Try to kill me and I will probably return the favor.
I'm the dumbass? You don't have to ride a bull to be a "cowboy". All I was saying is that he was a little loose with his moral fiber when he made the decision to follow this kid and smoke him. I still think the kid deserved it, but I see people everyday that need to be killed, but I don't do it, why...because I am not in a situation where the law allows it.

"...and I will tell you if this happened to me I would have done about the same thing..."

You can't honestly say that because of you're next sentence. "...Most people, including myself, probably dont even know how to think in a situation like this..."

I have served with both, men that cry after killing, and men that smile. Everyone reacts differently, and until you pull that trigger, and take a life, you don't know how you are going to react.

Last edited by 03 BLACKOUTSSS; 06-07-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Portions were Off Topic
Old 06-06-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** the dude, he was trying to rob the store, he got shot and killed..

I don't care wether dude shot him 5 times in the nuts.. its one less piece of **** on the planet, I hope dude doesnt get in ANY trouble

(btw, I didn't read the whole thread)
Old 06-06-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bowtie502
**** the dude, he was trying to rob the store, he got shot and killed..

I don't care wether dude shot him 5 times in the nuts.. its one less piece of **** on the planet, I hope dude doesnt get in ANY trouble
Agreed...but the debate here is whether or not it was a justified killing., not if the kid was a scumbag.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Where's the Beef?

Agreed...but the debate here is whether or not it was a justified killing., not if the kid was a scumbag.
Exactly. We all agree that he deserved to get killed. But he might as well have shot the guy in the leg, followed the blood trail to his house and then shot him again.

Quick Reply: Murder or Self Defense