THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Lexus LFA

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I wish, I wasn't actually on the books so it would have been an insurance issue if, ... something happened. I'm sure that I'll get a chance to drive one of these eventually though, especially if a customer has a concern about a rattle

...Now, if a customer special orders a niche market vehicle like this, then backs out at the last second, that's a different story. ... but I'm sure that since these are limited special order items there has to be some sort of "non-refundable deposit" clause in there. I'm pretty sure that this particular car was in transit when the customer changed his mind though, which rules out the "I didn't like the way it looked" scenario. ... Point is, that's a typical Lexus customer...changing the rules to suit themselves with absolutely no consideration for anyone else involved who did their part to try and do the right thing for them.
It'd be an insurance issue to let you drive an LFA, u betcha!!!

Convo betw. Salesman or Mgr. & customer...

"What's that?"
LFA.

Who that's?
"1 of our techs!!!" Billy, get over here u @$%@, & ... #*< ^, you're outta here!!

I hear ya, so how many are they makin?

Change to, "typical exotic" owner . They all have more $ than brains, & certainly more money than most of us.

As for that exh. note, sounds like most hi-end exotics.

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-21-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Exh. note.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:11 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
It'd be ab insurance isswue to let you drive an LFA, u betcha.

I hear, so how many are they makin?

Change to, "typical exotic" owner . They all have more $ than brains, & certainly more than most of us.
Ha ha ha...I'll drive one eventually...probably this exact one when it comes in for service, and as I mentioned, probably a customer's ridiculous rattle complaint (remember, their $380,000 race car should be whisper quiet )

I believe that the first run of 2011's is about 500 vehicles, not sure what's planned for 2012, or how many years they plan to produce them. I believe that they're supposed to have a short production run, but I'm not sure...guess it all depends on how many units we can move. I'd think that it would be bad timing for this kind of vehicle, considering the economy, but it seems like the folks who can afford this **** don't feel the same recession crunch that the rest of us poor workin folk do

Last edited by budhayes3; 08-21-2011 at 08:30 PM. Reason: forgot a few zeros in the price!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:14 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

It'd be an insurance issue to let you drive an LFA, u betcha!!!

Convo betw. Salesman or Mgr. & customer...

"What's that?"
LFA.

Who that's?
"1 of our techs!!!" Billy, get over here u @$%@, & ... #*< ^, you're outta here!!
Not "1 of our techs", but rather "our #1 master diagnostic tech" ...get it straight (insert gorilla banging chest smiley here )

then that would be followed by "Billy, get over here u @$%@, & ... #*< ^, you're outta here!!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by budhayes3
...I'll drive one eventually...probably this exact one when it comes in for service, and as I mentioned, probably a customer's ridiculous rattle complaint (remember, their $380 race car should be whisper quiet )

I believe that the first run of 2011's is about 500 vehicles, not sure what's planned for 2012, or how many years they plan to produce them. I believe that they're supposed to have a short production run, but I'm not sure...guess it all depends on how many units we can move. I'd think that it would be bad timing for this kind of vehicle, considering the economy, but it seems like the folks who can afford this **** don't feel the same recession crunch that the rest of us poor workin folk do
"#1 master diagnostic tech, Billy, get over here u @$%@, & ... #*< ^, you're outta here!!

Better?

If they're only $380 I'll get 1 for our harsh winters.
In blue, of course.

Rich, truly rich, are unaffected by financial woes. Unless, they buy a LFA. Then, after their bank acct. gets back to pre-LFA balance, they're good to go.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:29 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

"#1 master diagnostic tech, Billy, get over here u @$%@, & ... #*< ^, you're outta here!!

Better?

If they're only $380 I'll get 1 for our harsh winters.
In blue, of course.

Rich, truly rich, are unaffected by financial woes. Unless, they buy a LFA. Then, after their bank acct. gets back to pre-LFA balance, they're good to go.
Whoops...better go add a few zeros! and yes, much better!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definatly a great looking car and a great performing car. Too bad it cost so much. I can have two zr1's for that price and both of them will out perform the LFA. If you get a chance to see the customer that "ordered" one kick him in the nuts for me. Deposit = not your money anymore.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

one of our dealerships had one of the first LFA's. like mentioned, i think it was sold before it arrived. definately a sweet car!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:21 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does it come with chopstiks?
Old 08-22-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

BH3, FYI, 500 copies. Oh, if u get the really special one, only 50 will be made. Those 50 are part of the build of 500 by the way. Not sure on how many years, if addt'l model yrs. are planned. Ad I don't even work for Lexus, u should be ashamed of not knowing your product.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:22 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

BH3, FYI, 500 copies. Oh, if u get the really special one, only 50 will be made. Those 50 are part of the build of 500 by the way. Not sure on how many years, if addt'l model yrs. are planned. Ad I don't even work for Lexus, u should be ashamed of not knowing your product.
You'd be surprised how often our customers know about our **** before we do...seems like I find out about our recalls from them, after CNN blabbers on about some idiot who doesn't know how to use his brakes or something I do remember hearing about the 50 "special" whatevers...can't remember the whole scoop though.

I'm curious as to how long the LFA will be hanging around our place before it gets leased, or sent to the regional office, or whatever happens to it.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA