THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Lexus LFA

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 05:09 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus LFA

After many years of being a prototype, Lexus has finally released the LFA, their $380,000 "supercar". There are currently only a handful available, as an order-only item, and they're only available as a 2 year lease, with an option to buy at the end of the lease (not sure on the option to buy part). One of our customers ordered one, then changed his mind after the car got here, so now my dealership has the rare scenario of having a LFA on our lot. (I believe that the ballsy-*** customer is actually fighting to get his deposit back, after ordering the car, having it shipped here from Japan, PDI'd, etc. etc. You'd think that if someone is smart enough to be rich enough to afford this thing, they'd be smart enough to understand the meaning of the word "deposit"...man our customers are unbelievable )

Here's a link to some info about the car for whoever's interested: THE LEXUS LFA

Soooo....on to the pics!

Undercarriage/Exhaust:

Tailpipes as seen from below:

Under the hood...not much to see here with all of the plastic covers hiding everything:

Front Brake assembly:

Interior:

Car Carrier:

Some prototype hard top Mini that was also on the car carrier:

Old 08-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

One of my favorite cars. It's too bad they cost so much for the performance you get, but it looks and sounds sick.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

wheres the sound clip at billy?
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-heard-483726/
Old 08-21-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think its a way cool car i like the looks , not a fan of the triple buthold exhaust . but interior is sick .

if and when i sell my truck i need something along those lines just saw a clean zr1 sell at auction for 81k with 15k miles .
for that chedder though i like the zr1 and 3 more like it . any numbers on 1/4 mile or lat g on the skid pad?
Old 08-21-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
After many years of being a prototype, Lexus has finally released the LFA, their $380,000 "supercar". There are currently only a handful available, as an order-only item, and they're only available as a 2 year lease, with an option to buy at the end of the lease (not sure on the option to buy part). One of our customers ordered one, then changed his mind after the car got here, so now my dealership has the rare scenario of having a LFA on our lot. ...You'd think that if someone is smart enough to be rich enough to afford this thing, they'd be smart enough to understand the meaning of the word "deposit"...

Undercarriage/Exhaust:

Tailpipes as seen from below:

There are refundable deposits & non-refundable.

I do like the undercarriage & taipipe pics. No drag to get caught up under there. ANd that c/f is ...

Did u lease it Billy?

But honestly, $380K for a hi end Yota, still Japanese import. No thanks, I'll take U.S., Italian, German, Swedish (in no order really) before this. Tho I can appreciate it for what it is, I'd never buy 1. The lines definitely have the sharp edged Japanese flair, tho I like the hood & that scoop up near qtr window would be better if it was smoothed off, not the drag inducing pt., IMO
Old 08-21-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

That Mini is hideous.

John or Scott might like that Mini.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:40 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Yeah, for the coin I'll buy a few Vettes and a blown Camaro, but it is a sick car.

Funny that you mentioned the sound clip as I've never even heard it run, I just happened by work on Wed when the car was there (still home healing from the hernia), and after I finished up my administrative duties on the computer I split

Pretty sure that this deposit would be non-refundable Tom, as it is intended to reserve the vehicle for the customer, and cover the costs of shipping and handling, pre-delivery inspection, gas in the tank, etc. Usually a refundable deposit is the kind that gets returned to you after you return a rented/borrowed item back in one piece Usually, in the automotive field, once you put a deposit on something, you use it or lose it With that being said, I'm sure that if the "customer" calls Lexus and makes enough of a stink, he'll get his scratch back, especially if we already told him to go scratch. Seems like when we need the factory to back us up, they do the opposite and make us look like low life azzholez.

*EDIT* I really like the smooth undercarriage myself, no drag whatsoever. Not a fan of the triple tailpipes though...two or four would work better for me
Old 08-21-2011, 05:45 PM
13 Second Truck Club

So didya get a ride?
Old 08-21-2011, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Yeah, for the coin I'll buy a few Vettes and a blown Camaro, but it is a sick car.

Pretty sure that this deposit would be non-refundable Tom, as it is intended to reserve the vehicle for the customer, and cover the costs of shipping and handling, pre-delivery inspection, gas in the tank, etc. Usually a refundable deposit is the kind that gets returned to you after you return a rented/borrowed item back in one piece Usually, in the automotive field, once you put a deposit on something, you use it or lose it
Ya, the shpg costs would really bite. The gas in tank probably exceeds the shpg costs.

That so? I got news for you, sonny boy. In the automotive field, or rather a certain blue truck. I had a deposit on. He lied, I got my deposit back, & bought what u see.

More my style. If we're dreamin. Ferrari 599 Gto Side View 4 Photo 16

I love my Italians!!!

Oops, I almost posted the wrong Hot Italian pic.

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-21-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:56 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by DV2000NJ
So didya get a ride?
I wish, I wasn't actually on the books so it would have been an insurance issue if, god forbid, something happened. I'm sure that I'll get a chance to drive one of these eventually though, especially if a customer has a concern about a rattle

Originally Posted by fastnblu
That so? I got news for you, sonny boy. In the automotive field, or rather a certain blue truck. I had a deposit on. He lied, I got my deposit back, & bought what u see.
That's a difference circumstance Tom, if the dealer is at fault, they have no leg to stand on (especially in the eyes of the BBB), so they have to refund your money. Now, if a customer special orders a niche market vehicle like this, then backs out at the last second, that's a different story. But, I'm sure that the customer could always argue that the color wasn't what he thought it would be, or it looked better in pictures, yada, yada...and I don't know how the contract reads, but I'm sure that since these are limited special order items there has to be some sort of "non-refundable deposit" clause in there. I'm pretty sure that this particular car was in transit when the customer changed his mind though, which rules out the "I didn't like the way it looked" scenario. Maybe he had to wait longer than the salesman promised and he got pissed...I dunno Point is, that's a typical Lexus customer...changing the rules to suit themselves with absolutely no consideration for anyone else involved who did their part to try and do the right thing for them.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA