THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Juicer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 09:36 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Juicer?

...not nitrous or steroids lol. I tried this thread over at SeatStaysUp.com, but haven't gotten a whole lot of responses, maybe some of my buds over here have some wisdom...

The wife and I are planning to start eating healthy, quitting smoking, and exercising in the new year, and we're in the market for a juicer to make our own juices, shakes, energy drinks, etc. We don't want to spend more than $100 bucks, and want a decent quality juicer that's easy to use and easy to clean.

We looked at the Jack LaLane Juicer which is about $100, but aren't so sure. I did a search and a member at SSU recommended it and said it was easy to clean, but then another review (on a website that sold it) said it was a PITA to clean

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!

-Billy
Old 12-29-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I got on that kick about 5 years ago and bought a Juiceman Juicer Jr model.
It works great and the juice you get is awesome but no matter what it's a kind of a pain to clean.
Most of the parts rinse off easily with hot water but when you get to cleaning the parts that actually do the work the fibers from what ever your grinding up will get stuck in the strainers and blades.
It's not really that bad to clean but I got sick of being the only one who would clean it properly so I basically quit using the thing. The wife is kinda lazy when it comes to scrubbing pots, pans and anything else that really requires some actual work.
The carrot juice, apple juice and various mixtures are really good but you cannot let them sit in the frig. Apple juice will start to turn brown when left ut at room temps real quick but it's still ok to drink. Anything you do juice will start to seperate out when left standing for just a couple minutes. Only process what you want to dink now otherwise it goes to waste.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:58 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just stock up on V8...
J/K man...we bought a really nice unit from sears, forget the brand but it works great. It is excersize just using the damn thing though. You gotto get all your veggies lined up and pre-cut to size, juice them up and voila, yummy drink.
Clean-up isn't too bad if you have an in sink disposal.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:32 AM
11 Second Truck Club

We have a juicer called juice lady yep its a pita to clean but makes 1 hell of a good drink we dont use it often any more. We quit smoking back in sept we used the pill Chantix use it as directed it really works but you really have to want to quit I dont even want one any more. Good luck.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Bryan on the stopping smoking!

Never had a juicer so no comment on that.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:03 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Thanks John.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:45 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1
I've been quitting for 2+ years, september '05. It's a bitch and I still want a Camel something bad but I just don't pick one upp and smoke it. I feel a ton healthier and I can smell and taste food like never before....lol.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:24 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Its funny though some foods I liked before now I dont and vise versa for an example I used to love cream chip beef (**** on a shingle) for breakfast now
Old 12-29-2007, 09:53 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys, good to know that there's a few options on the juicer. My neighbor said the same thing as you TG02Z71, that the parts that do the work in any juicer are gonna be tough to clean...makes sense.

As for quitting smoking, I should be good at it by now...I think this is like my tenth or eleventh attempt lol. Congrats on your success Breeze and Trever I tried the Chantix my last attempt but it didn't work for me. So far I've been hypnotized, chewed gum, been lazered, taken pills, vitamins, etc., and I always seem to fall back into it...I've lasted anywhere from a few days up to 10 months I just need to think of my 16 month old daughter every time I feel a craving...she's my inspiration

Thanks again!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Tribe Shaman

wish i can stop smoking, it still got a hold on me.

but any way, when you get done making your veg juice, toss the left overs in a pot
and make some soup.
when you do the fruit juice, if you have a dehydrader, toss the left over in their,
dry them out and sprinkle with some sugar.
or find the recipe and make fruit rool up for the kids.

Quick Reply: Juicer?