THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Help! My puppy is doing bad!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! My puppy is doing bad!

My puppy is in bad shape guys and the vet isn't worth a crap, anyone know of a good pet health forum?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

find a better vet, dont try to home remedy
Old 10-14-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I took him to the vet Thursday than again Friday and they gave me some eye drops and suave but it doesn't seem to help. I've searched and posted on a couple forums already with no results, I talked to the emergency vet number and they told me there isn't much she could do and it should be ok to wait till the morning when my next scheduled appointment is. I think they are just lazy I don't know... I gave him 50Mg of benadryl and it seems to be helping his pain and he was opening his eye a little more before he passed out.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

what happened
Old 10-14-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since I first got him he's had the swollen 3rd eye lid that they call a cherry, just the past 2 1/2 months mucus has been building up in it. I took him to the vet and they told me to use a cotton ball with warm water to keep it clean, I did that and it didn't change for about 2 months than last Tuesday when I woke up it was swollen shut than today its swollen as big as you see in the pics. I sent these same pics to the damn vet that told me it should be ok. its the size of half a golf ball right now but he has had it open A LOT more since I gave him the benadryl.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Where's the Beef?

That happened to our cat once. It ended up just healing up.

I got up one day and it looked like some one had kicked her so hard her eye exploded.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

I know it is really tough to be helpless but the vet is doing everything they can. There are somethings that you just really can't do anything about but let it run its course and get better on their own. Just keep doing what you have been and I'm sure he'll be fine in no time!
Old 10-14-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

My girlfriend is a vet. nurse and i asked her what she thought about it just a min ago.
She said one get a new vet that guy is a moron.
Two you can try to get some medication for the eye from the new vet. Something to help it from being swollen.....
but more than likely the eye will have to be removed.
They had a dog come in just last week with the same thing and the eye had to be removed.
Basically she said it looks like blunt force trama to the eye and it caused the eye to do what you see now.
In the picture she said you can see the blood in the eye which means if it's not treated quickly"hopes and prayers here" or removed"the most likely fix" the eye will explode out from blood presure build up in it and the dog will likely bleed to death because of this.
Hope this helps man....
Old 10-15-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So I call up the vet and it transfers me to an after hours emergency number. I tell them the situation, ask if there is anything I can do to hold him over till his 8am appointment and they say I need to bring him in. After waiting an hour They gave him 1 shot for pain, flushed his eye out with the same stuff I was told not to use on him, and than they inform me that he might still lose his eye!!! I brush it off without a frown and continue to talk about animals with the vet and her assistants. she tells me I'm good to go so I wait in the front for a bill....

$400!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

dude get a new vet... what are you live in??

Quick Reply: Help! My puppy is doing bad!