THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Going to see OverKill this weekend!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 08:33 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Going to see OverKill this weekend!!

I'm totally psyched, I just happened to swing by their website and found out that they added a tour date in my area (looks to be the last date of the tour actually). For those of you who've never heard of OverKill (they're not exactly mainstream), they're a real metal band that's been around for over 20 years and still kick *** . They're from Jersey and my absolute favorite band. Here's a link to their website: http://wreckingcrew.com/crew/index.php

Glad I decided to give their website a look, or I might have missed it

Here's a pic of their "mascot", Chaly...(that's my left arm in the pic....it's an older pic, I've had more work done to my elbow since then)

Old 02-28-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Billy, is it urge overkill? or just overkill?
Old 02-28-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Regular

Glad you got to see them man.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:10 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

I didnt know they were still around.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:36 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Just OverKill...although I like Urge Overkill too (Saturation is an awesome album). OverKill is more on the heavy and agressive side. The show's this Sat, 3/4/06 at the Starland Ballroom in Sayerville, NJ.

Yea 1Slow, over 20 years and still kickin! I think that as long as Bobby Blitz (lead singer for those who don't know) stays healthy, they'll keep pumpin out albums...they haven't missed a beat IMO, if anything they just keep getting better. They must have enough of a following to keep it going...must be tough to maintain a 20 year music career with no radio play, no video time, etc.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Overkill was here last night and they were awesom. Only problem was the shitty sound. Yea we know its gotta be loud but drop the gains just a little. They played a long show starting with wrecking crew and ending with F*** You. They played somthing off all there albums and 1 song I never heard before. Prong (still around ) opened but I didnt watch, sat in the bar and could kiinda hear em. I not into the metal style anymore so I stuck out with my polo and columbia jacket. There were a couple hundred people so the club was about 2/3's full on a monday night even.

Kreator is playing on wed but Ill probaly wus out, gettin older ya know. But even sweeter is Exodus is coming to town in april. Those guys are still puttin killer music out. I put these groups:Overkill, Exodus, Slayer, Gzr, Messhuga, Nevermore, and Exhorder at the top of my list. What I mean by that is wich ever cd is playing I go now thats my favorite group, so not sure what is #1.

I know I never post but Im always on here reading and I was like dude I just saw Overkill. I have an Ibanez but dont play to well but I remember you play bass. Aint Pro-Pain from jersey? They almost made my list but anything metal is good, except this rap/metal bs. Even the silly stuf like death metal, black metal, and Manawar (quite smiling everbody likes em) is cool. If you have real player do a search on there radio for snakenet radio. Its a 24 hour stream of all metal music from Def leopard to Demonicon and everything else. One day it went from live Bruhera to Quiet riot.

Have fun and remember the ear plugs. I hope you recovered well. I quit smoking too on christmas eve by choice cuz Im 32 and that means Id be smoking for more of my life than i wasnt. Post up after the show.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:20 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Cool man, glad you enjoyed the show!! OverKill never lets me down...I saw them at the same place (Starland Ballroom) at the beginning of the tour and they were awesome! Eddie Trunk introduced them and came on stage during the song "Old School". Plus, since it's General Admission, so you just sorta pick where you wanna stand/sit. We sat kinda along side the stage, right where Blitz runs to when he zips off stage while they solo...pretty cool. Plus, we're about 5 feet from the bar

That's a good list of favorites you have there...I was just listening to Exodus Fabulous Disaster yesterday. Not sure if Pro-Pain's from Jersey...it's definitely possible.

Keep smackin them strings and you'll be rockin that Ibanez in no time. My first bass was an old Ibanez Roadstar...it sounds like **** now, and I think the parts are obsolete for it, but I keep it anyway because it was my first, and it's a cool lookin bass. Pretty much been stickin with Fender P-basses the past 10 to 12 years...I love that clicky Steve Harris sound.

Thanks for askin about the recovery...I'm feelin pretty good, getting back into the swing of things. Maybe this show will be just what I need I unfortunately fell off the no smokin wagon again though (stupid, stupid, stupid). I keep going back and forth...I'll quit for 2 weeks, then smoke for 2 weeks...I'll get it, it's just gonna take a little time. I did switch from Marlboro Reds to Parliament though (kinda like going from a blown 408 to a 4.3 with clogged injectors )

I'll check out those real player stations when I get the chance...thanks for the info!
Old 03-05-2006, 12:20 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Well it's the day after and my ears are still ringing! What a show...I think they played the loudest and fastest that I've ever heard them. The new drummer fit right in, and Blitz was in prime form. It was awesome
Old 03-05-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

Good deal billy, Glad you got to see them. Rock on.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:02 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by mason110
Good deal billy, Glad you got to see them. Rock on.
Thanks man, I had a blast. Kept it relatively mellow as far as partying too (after everything that happened with my ticker over new year's). Just had a few beers and slammed water most of the night....and I was still wiped out all day. Spent the day napping on the couch listening to the ringing in my ears lol Must be getting old

Quick Reply: Going to see OverKill this weekend!!