THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Geoff @ Eps

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:08 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ehhh, if my dad's not retired when the time comes for me to buy a cam, I'll probably just have Comp grind me a 224/230 XER and get it at his cost, and I'll buy the rest of the goodies for my LQ9 from TSP and SDPC like I usually do. Ya never know, by then there will probably be an EPS TT3 or TSP224r in the classifieds.

Waiting 4-6 weeks for a cam is crazy IMO...If it's a slow build and your dead set on an EPS grind that's one thing, but if you're trying to get it together for an event or something, give TSP a call and get one of their XER grinds.

As I mentioned in my thread in the Internal Engine Mod section, I'd like to see similar Comp XER and EPS grinds in similar setups compared back to back...I'm interested in both's 224/230's in particular.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I didn't see anyone really BASHING EPS. Just stating actual data. I figured he may be working on his own and that's why it takes so long or maybe even as danny said he's trying to bulk order so he gets a better deal which helps him keep the bills paid.
I'd rather he keep working and trying to complete orders than for him to take the time to come chime in on this thread. If he's here typing he's not there working.
Hopefully he can get some new workers soon tho. Good work is hard to find now days. We are short handed where I work too and can't find anyone that knows what they are doing.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
As I mentioned in my thread in the Internal Engine Mod section, I'd like to see similar Comp XER and EPS grinds in similar setups compared back to back...I'm interested in both's 224/230's in particular.
This could be arranged. After I get mine in i'd be willing to run it on the dyno and then find a used xer cam some where and swap em out to see what differences they made on the curve.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Ehhh, if my dad's not retired when the time comes for me to buy a cam, I'll probably just have Comp grind me a 224/230 XER and get it at his cost, and I'll buy the rest of the goodies for my LQ9 from TSP and SDPC like I usually do. Ya never know, by then there will probably be an EPS TT3 or TSP224r in the classifieds.

Waiting 4-6 weeks for a cam is crazy IMO...If it's a slow build and your dead set on an EPS grind that's one thing, but if you're trying to get it together for an event or something, give TSP a call and get one of their XER grinds.

that is the cam i am planning on when and if i swap out my current one... XER lobes FTW!

Just my opinion but i think the difference in lobes for our applications (some of the more extreme setups, may not) would be minimal in regards to HP and TQ...
Old 02-19-2011, 03:29 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
that is the cam i am planning on when and if i swap out my current one... XER lobes FTW!

Just my opinion but i think the difference in lobes for our applications (some of the more extreme setups, may not) would be minimal in regards to HP and TQ...
Yea, I'm sure that Geoff's lobes are probably worth a little more than the XER's, but I doubt that the gains are incredible. I'm also sure that you'll have your cam in way before me...the shelf 224/230 is ground on a 114, I was thinking of having it custom ground on a 112 with a 110 ICL. What about you Corey?
Old 02-19-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I doubt there's any real power difference. It's all marketing an internet hysteria for the most part. I got the EPS cam simply because the guy has a good rep and he claims the cam is easier on the springs than the Comp stuff.

BTW Bud, I'd go bigger than the 224/230, especially since it's not your DD. I'd go mid 230s. The mid 220s in a 6.0 is smallll
Old 02-19-2011, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geoff hired some help. Just placed my order
Old 02-19-2011, 04:33 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
I doubt there's any real power difference. It's all marketing an internet hysteria for the most part. I got the EPS cam simply because the guy has a good rep and he claims the cam is easier on the springs than the Comp stuff.

BTW Bud, I'd go bigger than the 224/230, especially since it's not your DD. I'd go mid 230s. The mid 220s in a 6.0 is smallll
Well it's my partial DD, and I plan to take it on long trips once I can fix all of the stuff that's wrong with it...I have a buddy that lives in New Hampshire and we like to go to automotive events whenever possible. Who know's though, in the past few years, as my money ran out and I've been doing more planning than buying, I've gone from owning a 216/224 (never ran and sold), to wanting a 220/224, and now a 224/230...by the time I get around to actually purchasing a cam I may be into the 230's lol.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOXCAB
Geoff hired some help. Just placed my order
Thats good to hear, he seems like a great guy.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Thats good to hear, he seems like a great guy.
I have had good luck with him, I know my last cam that I got from the time he got the specs from PatG I had the cam in like 2wks and thats including him getting it back after being ground to run on the cam doctor.

Of course this was last year so they may be slammed now.

Quick Reply: Geoff @ Eps