THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Geoff @ Eps

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

We called on two different occasions in the past month, one for a regular LSx cam for me and another time for an LSx grind BBC cam...Each time the wait was 4-6 weeks for delivery
Old 02-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Guys, Comp typically has a "custom grind" ready to ship 3-4 days from the date the cam order is placed. Even in this busy time of year, they are under a week from order date to have a cam, any cam, ready to ship. Just sayin.
Yea that's what I was telling another member. I ordered a custom grind from TSP for a friends 4.8 and it shipped out that week.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:51 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Yea that's what I was telling another member. I ordered a custom grind from TSP for a friends 4.8 and it shipped out that week.
I would think that a TSP cam would probably be "easier" for Comp to grind since it uses their own XER lobes, while Geoff has his own proprietary lobes that they have to grind, and as Corey mentioned, the setup for the machine may be a longer process. They might even want x amount of orders before they'll run some EPS cams off
Old 02-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Where's the Beef?

My guess would be man power and lack of machinery. Prob getting too well known too quick. Just gonna take time to catch up as with any other company.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I would think that a TSP cam would probably be "easier" for Comp to grind since it uses their own XER lobes, while Geoff has his own proprietary lobes that they have to grind, and as Corey mentioned, the setup for the machine may be a longer process. They might even want x amount of orders before they'll run some EPS cams off
Negative, if you're ever in Memphis, swing by Comp and they'll give you the tour so you can see the process. Their lobe masters are stored/kept right in the same filing room as the others and are setup on the same machines the same way. Comp doesn't have a minimum order amount or anything like that either.

The reply from our Comp rep when I asked if it could take weeks, for any reason, to make a custom grind...."No way. Most of y’alls ship the day after you order them."
Old 02-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The rediculous wait for his cams is probably the only reason I wont order a cam from him, TSP lets you customize your own cam specs and the lobes cant be all that much better.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:08 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Negative, if you're ever in Memphis, swing by Comp and they'll give you the tour so you can see the process. Their lobe masters are stored/kept right in the same filing room as the others and are setup on the same machines the same way. Comp doesn't have a minimum order amount or anything like that either.

The reply from our Comp rep when I asked if it could take weeks, for any reason, to make a custom grind...."No way. Most of y’alls ship the day after you order them."
Cool deal Matt, thanks And if I ever do get to Memphis, I'll definitely swing by Comp's facility, I'd love to see cams and valvetrain parts being made
Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Cool deal Matt, thanks And if I ever do get to Memphis, I'll definitely swing by Comp's facility, I'd love to see cams and valvetrain parts being made
Definitely! It's a neat place, after you get past the fact that it used to be an apartment complex that is now gutted and has machines everywhere! We toured Comp, FAST, RHS, and TCI,which is down the road a ways, for 2 days straight. We got to meet with some of the geniuses over there that design the lobes and all for the race teams, which was a high-point for me! It was alot of walking, but very cool to see what goes on behind the scenes there!

I'm not going to sit here and bash Geoff....but I will say that I do hate to see my truck-brethren getting the wool pulled over their eyes and tricked into thinking 4-6 weeks is ok for a "custom" grind!

Last edited by Matt@Texas-Speed; 02-17-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EPS is only 1 person....its kinda hard to tune, build things, cam spec, order everything ya know? its a little hard for 1 man to keep up with everyone.

he's a good guy, and knows his stuff. he designed the Thunder Racing cams in Baton Rouge, so they guys loved them. now he owns EPS, and everyone is wanting his cams. i will wait 4-6 weeks for a bad *** cam simple as that.

my next cam will be bigger and be a lot better of a DD
Old 02-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
EPS is only 1 person....its kinda hard to tune, build things, cam spec, order everything ya know? its a little hard for 1 man to keep up with everyone.

he's a good guy, and knows his stuff. he designed the Thunder Racing cams in Baton Rouge, so they guys loved them. now he owns EPS, and everyone is wanting his cams. i will wait 4-6 weeks for a bad *** cam simple as that.

my next cam will be bigger and be a lot better of a DD
Hire more staff if you cant meet demand. Seems word is getting out here lately that his wait is rediculous and Ive seen a few post up they went elsewhere. Wonder how many people arent posting up that they went elsewhere due to the extreme wait

Quick Reply: Geoff @ Eps