THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

A few ?'s Wilwoods & Forged/Billet wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A few ?'s Wilwoods & Forged/Billet wheels

I am ready to pull the trigger on a Set of Wilwoods and thought there is a member on PT that works there, Or do you guys know who has the best deal on them..A vendor perhaps..

I am also wanting to get a set of forged/billet wheels..Same question as above..Whos got the hook up? I am open to all of the mfgr's

Thanks in advance!

I also just painted my truck GM cyber metalliv gray, and put a 03 front end on it..pics soon!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check with Blownchevy for wilwoods and personally I think its hard to beat Centerline for forged wheels if you like any of their designs.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Praise The Lowered

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Check with Blownchevy for wilwoods and personally I think its hard to beat Centerline for forged wheels if you like any of their designs.
Ok, thanks I will check with Brian...Isnt there a member on here that works for Wilwood with "Hawaiian" or "Somoan" in his screen name.. I may end up with Centerlines, I have had them before..But I really wanted some Intros or Iforged..
Old 05-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im a cheap *** so I never seriously considered those wheels. Not enough gain in looks or performance over the Centerlines to justify the cost IMO. I think the samoan dude is the one that works for them.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 For Centerlines. I picked mine up used but they are cleaning up quite nicely. Will let you know how they do at the track here in a week or so
Old 05-13-2012, 07:00 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Samoanbuiltgmc I believe is his screen name and Tarrent is his name. Not sure if he still work there as its been a while since I've talked to him.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Praise The Lowered

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Im a cheap *** so I never seriously considered those wheels. Not enough gain in looks or performance over the Centerlines to justify the cost IMO. I think the samoan dude is the one that works for them.
I hear you on the cost! But alot of them offer layaway and I have been getting subsistance checks for $420 a week and saving them, So I wanted to make a few large/last purchases
Originally Posted by ak2007r6
+1 For Centerlines. I picked mine up used but they are cleaning up quite nicely. Will let you know how they do at the track here in a week or so
Cool, which size/style did you get? And yes..let us know how they work at the track as I also may get some 20" dr's

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Samoanbuiltgmc I believe is his screen name and Tarrent is his name. Not sure if he still work there as its been a while since I've talked to him.
Thats it! Thansk...I remember a $2000 dollar deal he mentioned and wanted to move on it..Did you get your brakes from him? No deals on forged wheels you know of??
Old 05-13-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
I hear you on the cost! But alot of them offer layaway and I have been getting subsistance checks for $420 a week and saving them, So I wanted to make a few large/last purchases
Cool, which size/style did you get? And yes..let us know how they work at the track as I also may get some 20" dr's

Thats it! Thansk...I remember a $2000 dollar deal he mentioned and wanted to move on it..Did you get your brakes from him? No deals on forged wheels you know of??
I found a guy near me on Cragislist that was selling 4 17" Centerlines for dirt cheap. I picked them all up for $180. They need some more TLC but still a good deal. This is one rim that I got cleaned up to about 60%.

I didn't want to go to a bigger rim cause I was looking for something to drop weight

I just plasti-diped them all for now till I have more time to wet sand them and really get them to where I want them

Old 05-14-2012, 01:08 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
I didn't get them from him but dealt with him when I was rebuilding/swapping the brakes from one truck to the other and he was very helpful.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Praise The Lowered

Thanks guys..AK those are perfect race wheels, especially for the price!

Quick Reply: A few ?'s Wilwoods & Forged/Billet wheels