THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Cousin wrecked his CBR1000 RR last night at 100 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cousin wrecked his CBR1000 RR last night at 100 MPH

Last night was cousin and his buddies were out running around on their motorcycles having some fun. My cousin went to pass a car, shot around it and didn't see another car in the lane he was in. Slammed into the back of the car at over 100+ MPH. At least he was wearing a helmet... Ended up with a concussion, broken wrist, busted knee and mangled foot. Dumb *** doctors tried to release him last night from the hospital, but his girlfriend (a surgical nurse) told them otherwise so he stayed over night.

Turns out alcohol was involved too.... As much as I feel bad for him, it was his stupid decisions that caused it.

Parents were warming up to the whole performancetrucks thing, but now, not so much.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear that, glad he made it out alive! Could of been worse
Old 04-03-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watched a buddy of mine scrub the asphalt in front of me while I was following him in my truck.We had a few and he dicided to show off gettin on the freeway.So doin about 90 or so he thought all was clear to merge.Wrong he merged jus as a lady was changing lanes to the slow lane.Make a long story short she clipped his back tire and he lucky only wound up scrapin the **** out of his elbow.Me and a random guy saved his *** from jail.We loaded up the bike and took him to the hospital in a matter of 5-6 mins.Officer showed up at the hospital bout 20 minutes later and grilled him on drinkin.My partner told him he had a few beers after the accident to kill the pain lol.I gave him **** for a while after the incident cause,it was straight up retarded of him.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

drinking + driving = dumb regardless of anything... ESPECIALLY on a rocket bike.
he got away lucky to just be a bit shaken up...

and as far as the performancetrucks thing, you're a smart guy, and yer parents probably know that, so that should take the alcohol thought out of their mind, and for heavens sake, you're driving a tank not a crotch rocket. Just have to wait it out I guess

Best of wishes to your cousin
Old 04-03-2011, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He's lucky as **** he's alive. Make sure he plays the lottery ASAP
Old 04-03-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he's lucky! i had a friend who witnessed a guy on a crotch rocket plow into a concrete barrier at what he thinks was at least 150. he FLEW past him an he was going 80, tried to lean into a turn and lost it and slid into the wall....lets just say it was messy...

i'd absolutely love to have a street bike, but im kinda scared im gonna kill myself on it....
Old 04-03-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ chandler is the same way, he said hes hoping on getting a 250 or 600 when money allows, but no speeding around for at least 6 months to get familiar with everything
Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nuclear Endless
^ chandler is the same way, he said hes hoping on getting a 250 or 600 when money allows, but no speeding around for at least 6 months to get familiar with everything
Good luck. I hope he has some self discipline... After I realized I was comfortable with going 160+ I realized bikes weren't for me...
Old 04-03-2011, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JFOLM
Good luck. I hope he has some self discipline... After I realized I was comfortable with going 160+ I realized bikes weren't for me...

I think you picked a good time to stop
Old 04-03-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I used to have a cbr600rr and I would go 100mph everytime I got on it and the fastest I have ever been was 149 and I loved every second of it but I sold the TA and the Bike the day I found out I was going to be a father. I made the choice that I am going to be around for my son.
So that got me back into the truck scene

So to those of you looking at this and thinking about a bike, watch a bunch of crashes on youtube and look at the f'ed up things that happen to the riders

Quick Reply: Cousin wrecked his CBR1000 RR last night at 100 MPH