THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Cousin wrecked his CBR1000 RR last night at 100 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f4tal
I agree that doing stunts on the highway is not safe, and speeding isn't safe. But for you to say that they should wreck is terrible. If your friends or family died from it would you tell everyone that he/she deserved it?!

Doing 60mph or the speed limit on a motorcycle is nearly impossible. For people that ride, or have ridden understand where im coming from. If your not doing 75-80mph its as if your hardly moving on the highway.

Anyways... all in all i agree that stunts should be performed on closed streets. But there's no reason to say people deserve to die.
Agreed. That's why I never bought one. I would ride my buddies and I would be like this is a nice straight piece of road. Then I would wind her up to 100-120. Slow down and then want more. Not for me lol.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I rode my brothers R6 once. One quick pull to 120 mph and that was all it took to realize I don't need a bike. Glad he wasn't hurt bad, or worse, he didn't hurt someone else. I'm all for speed, but keep it on the track, or at the very least alone, on a desolate road(not street racing mind you).
Old 04-04-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fun4me
If they don't care how their family feel if they die then why should I. Its not gonna change the way I feel. Lets hope when they do crash they won't take someone else with them.
You have no heart man! Just think about what you say before you say it. Most of the accidents that do take place on motorcycles isn't even the bikers fault.

Anyways... your a chode, and im done wasting my energy talking to a pea brain!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:45 PM

I dont feel bad. He got what he deserved. Darwinism at its best.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:49 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics of mangled foot?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:46 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Not everyone on a bike that has gone 120 deserves to wreck, thats ignorance to say that. Just because saying that makes you look like a tough guy doesnt mean you are, and doesnt at all say anything good about your character. Not all circumstances are best to keep at the speed limit no matter what the law says, and in many instances doing a quick sprint puts no one at risk. Remember, karma is a bitch and be carefull what you ask for from whoever you pray to or dont.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
Not everyone on a bike that has gone 120 deserves to wreck, thats ignorance to say that. Just because saying that makes you look like a tough guy doesnt mean you are, and doesnt at all say anything good about your character. Not all circumstances are best to keep at the speed limit no matter what the law says, and in many instances doing a quick sprint puts no one at risk. Remember, karma is a bitch and be carefull what you ask for from whoever you pray to or dont.
What about the original post did you not understand?

Last night was cousin and his buddies were out running around on their motorcycles having some fun. My cousin went to pass a car, shot around it and didn't see another car in the lane he was in. Slammed into the back of the car at over 100+ MPH. At least he was wearing a helmet... Ended up with a concussion, broken wrist, busted knee and mangled foot. Dumb *** doctors tried to release him last night from the hospital, but his girlfriend (a surgical nurse) told them otherwise so he stayed over night.

Turns out alcohol was involved too.... As much as I feel bad for him, it was his stupid decisions that caused it.

Parents were warming up to the whole performancetrucks thing, but now, not so much.
Hes just damn luck he didnt take someone else with him.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Teching In

People say "it wasn't his fault", "the other guy changed lanes" 0r "she pulled out in front of me". The problem is that when you are travling at 120 mph you are travling 176 feet per second..... 150 mph you are travling 220 feet per second !!!! Now when average joe looks in his side mirror he sees a bike that is 10 car lengths behind him in the other lane. He changes lanes, the guy on the bike now has less than a second to do some fancy riding. I saw a accident when a bike split the lanes on the interstate. He scared a lady, she jerked the wheel & hit the guy in the next lane. Then the car behind him hit him from behind. Guess what the guy on the bike kept going. He was outta sight before we could all stop.
I do have feelings. I do ride. But do so at a reasonable speed. I will ride 80 on the interstate, just like I do when I'm driving my truck.
I do not have any respect for any fool that thinks the streets are some place to play. That goes for anyone on the street. No matter what they drive. I hope when they do crash there will only be one patient in the ambulance.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with fun4me and Country Boy, he fucked up and it cost him. I'm glad he wasn't hurt more than he was but hopefully it will teach him a lesson. Driving ANYTHING after drinking is a bad idea, and its a lot worse when you're doing double the speed limit. I've done it myself and am thankful that nothing happened to me, because there are several instances where I could've died and that really changed my way of thinking.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:12 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JFOLM
Good luck. I hope he has some self discipline... After I realized I was comfortable with going 160+ I realized bikes weren't for me...
That's pretty much what happened with me, on day I looked down and the speedo read 167 and I thought to myself "What the hell am I doing?" It also didn't help that shortly after a lady pulled out in front of me and I laid it down doing 30 on an empty road with me having the right of way. People suck, they have damn cell phone stuck so far up their *** its ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Cousin wrecked his CBR1000 RR last night at 100 MPH