THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Concealed Weapons Permit

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by truckmann
Cool. I need to remember to call them. I tried once but kept getting the we're to busy please leave a message thing.
It's a minor problem I have but I would hate to be in an emergency situation and have my magazine fall out when I draw because it is so easy to release.
would it still fire with one in the chamber and no clip?
Old 08-01-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
would it still fire with one in the chamber and no clip?
Yes it would! Smith even has it written in the side, "CAUTION-CAPAPBLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED" Im looking at it now
Old 08-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Where's the Beef?

I was thinking the safety for it not to would be close to the switch but I guess it's actually at the top of the clip in the slide right?
Old 08-02-2009, 02:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
That's basically exactly what I said.
No, what you said is the law needs changing. I said no it doesn't because that would change things from "shall issue" to "may issue" because some dipshit at the capitol then has the power to decide whether or not you get a CHL/pistol or not.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by PathfinderJr
No, what you said is the law needs changing. I said no it doesn't because that would change things from "shall issue" to "may issue" because some dipshit at the capitol then has the power to decide whether or not you get a CHL/pistol or not.
Oh okay. I mis-read your last sentence.
I was directing the change in law to what OneBad03 said. If you feel safe with people filling out a piece of paper and not taking a safety and shooting course then you're pretty ballsy.

is there anybody in here from WA? i worked with a guy that grew up in washington and he told me you didnt even have to take a course, all you had to do was fill out some paperwork and they done a background check and he had his permit in a few weeks.
A lot of people don't know anything about safety or how to shoot properly and they are handing out permits to those people without first teaching them how to use it. That's like getting a driver's license and having never driven a car. Absolutely DANGEROUS.

Here you have to take a safety course (which i just completed) and then fill out the paper work for the permit. without the course you can't get the permit.