THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Concealed Weapons Permit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Concealed Weapons Permit

So Chisolm Trail Technology Center is giving Concealed Weapons permits for $75 on Aug 1st.
Damn glad I finally got Fri/Sat's off so I'm hitting this opportunity. Question tho. All I currently have is my Walther P22. Should I just take it or do you think it would be better to try to borrow my friends Bersa .380?
I ask because I don't know if they care about what Caliber you can handle and I sold my Glock .45 Gap last year.

I plan to ask but I just found out through Text message and I still gotta get the PH# and everything.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:48 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

not sure about there but most CCW require you to list the weapon you will CCW. Someone with more knowledge on this will chime in shortly.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Where's the Beef?

I can hop over to Daves new site and ask around too.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took that same class. I don't think we listed what kind of gun we were going to use. Fair warning though, it's going to take the full 8 hours because the guy thinks you want to here every story from his life. And he also has about 7 or 8 guns on him that he will pull out throughout the day. The range part is easy as long as you 'shoot North'.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Where's the Beef?

Thanks Grady.

Yea I was looking at their site and it said 8 hours. I was like WTF?

I'll make sure I get plenty of sleep so I don't doze off on his rambles. Was hoping to have gotten another 40 before taking the course but the timing is good with my new shift.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Blown 427 LSX

It depends, each state has different criteria... in CA you must list each weapon you own that you want to carry on the permit with serial numbers. In Florida or Utah, which has reciprocity in an additional 27 states - and you do not have to list your firearms, which is nice in case you buy new ones.
Which state is the CCW offered?
Nothing worse than a long winded instructor who brags about himself... :rollseyes:
Old 07-23-2009, 12:49 PM
formerly lamborado (1-12-2012)

i was told in oklahoma you have to qualify with the weapon you intend to carry, not 100% sure though. thank god i got my ccw in washington if you can conceale it you can carry it.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lamborado
i was told in oklahoma you have to qualify with the weapon you intend to carry, not 100% sure though. thank god i got my ccw in washington if you can conceale it you can carry it.
In Oklahoma there are 3 authorizations you can get: Derringer, Revolver, and Semi-Automatic. If you use a semi-automatic during the course then you get authorized for all three so you can carry whatever gun you want as long as it's a semi-automatic (but I don't think it can be bigger than a .45).

You'll also have to wait about 90 days once you get fingerprinted at the Sheriff's Office and they send your packet off to OSBI. There has been a HUGE rush of people getting their CCW.

Don't worry about dozing off. I dozed off a few times. It's impossible not to. It's sucks because you could pass the test without taking the course but you still have to put in 8 hours and listen to how he was a Whatever His Name Is Day in Oklahoma City and that used to have the fastest draw blah blah blah. That's if it's the same guy that I had out of Cushing.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Here's a local gun forum, too. They usually have all kinds of stuff for sale so you might be able to find you a good deal on a .40 when you're looking to buy.

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/index.php
Old 07-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Where's the Beef?

Thanks bra.

I was going to ask earlier but was it a walkin course or did you have to make an apt when you went?

Quick Reply: Concealed Weapons Permit