THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Common Phrases

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At a show that I did pretty well at -

Judge: This is your SS truck?

Me: It's not an SS.

Judge: You sure? ()

Me: Pretty sure, it's missing the other half of the cab isn't it?

I guess my truck was pretty convincing that day lol
BTW, pics in sig are old
Old 01-07-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

girlfriends mom= i dont like your boyfriend driving around in that drug smuggling surburban

girlfriend= its a tahoe mom.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Took off at a stop light sat. night helix whistling its *** off. Got to a local hang out. Guy come and ask if i had a turbo i said no, well then a super charger i said no, then he said it You got one of them electric turbos, and iwas like WTF?. Has any body ever heard of such a thing???
Old 01-07-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

i get "you still got your blue truck?" "then why you drive this POS ranger?" i swear i didn't even drive the truck 1000 miles last year.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

My favorites as of recently:

"Your truck sounds good; what kind of exhaust is that, Flowmaster?" (It's a resonator with no cats)

"I like how your truck sounds but mine is louder because I have straight pipes. I need to put some mufflers on it though before it hurts my engine." (I get a lot of attention from my exhaust)

A guy I work with: "I drive a Jetta and the only thing I've lost to are another Jetta and Lee (me). When we got on it it sounded like the world was coming to an end then he walked off and left me; but my ****'s still quick. (I run high 14's )
Old 01-07-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06whiteRCSB
Took off at a stop light sat. night helix whistling its *** off. Got to a local hang out. Guy come and ask if i had a turbo i said no, well then a super charger i said no, then he said it You got one of them electric turbos, and iwas like WTF?. Has any body ever heard of such a thing???
all the electric supercharger info you can handle:

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...c+supercharger
Old 01-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
Last time I was at the track, someone came up and asked what I had that made the truck so fast. Conversation went something like this:

Him: Damn that thing is fast! What do you have?

Me: 408 and a turbo

Him: Sweet! What else?

Me: Nothing

Him: How is it so fast then?

Me: It's a big engine with a turbo on it.

Him: Oh. *walks away*

That's great! "It's a big engine....WITH a turbo on it!"

I don't get much ****, I always go racing with Breeze and everybody rides his leg on his pretty blue fast truck. One time I was in Hagerstown,MD (super redneck area) and old school dragster guy said "damn boy, how much funny gas you spraying" (back when I didn't have it) and I told him just a blower, he said "woo hoo!! that thing must weigh as much as my first house! You got 'er moving!!! congrats!"
Old 01-07-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Because of my cam "Your truck sounds weierd does your truck have a 350 small block in it"

I also have a switch in my truck that turns on a light underneither my tonneau cover. Almost everybody that gets in my truck always asks "Is that switch for Naaawwwwwws?"

I hate this one because it makes me sad "Is your truck bagged?"
Old 01-07-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

typical.. what's it got in it? I say a 5.3, Blown with Meth Injection and then get the old "what a 350?" Then theres: you got a blower cause i heard it whining? Well thats kinda why you see a FMIC up there huh? And best of all some young(er) guy at a junkyard one day asks me if its a stage 2? I said yeah which one you wanna know about? He shrugs his shoulders and walked away lost..
Old 01-07-2008, 11:25 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
"woo hoo!! that thing must weigh as much as my first house! You got 'er moving!!! congrats!"
Now that is some honestly funny chit right there! His first house being the back of his '59 ford

Quick Reply: Common Phrases