THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Buying new Cell Phone. Verizon...help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
If you want an inexpensive phone, I have a Blackberry 8830 "Curve World Edition" that I would sell cheap. I am about to buy a used droid on Ebay, so I wouldn't have any need for the BB anymore. Its spent its life in an OtterBox, until last week when I changed to a slimmer case. It is in perfect condition if you're interested!
Thanks, but I'm going with a droid or iphone.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Also, what's the difference in the $15 data package and the $30. How much can you use the $15 plan?
Old 12-23-2010, 10:15 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Google maps, navigation, email, calander, Voice, etc. Google rules the world

I do not know of any $15 data plan for the phones, it's $30/mo. unlimited (without tether)
Old 12-23-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ok. The $15 smartphone data plan is a limited time offer with 150MB limit. and $15 per 150MB over charges. Unless all you are doing is email. Not a good deal.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by trever1t
I would probably jump on the iPhone if Verizon carried it although I really like android...it would depend on a few factors such as Google connectivity. I make good use of the Droids Google network and don't want to trade that.
They say Iphone is getting very close to being available with Verizon...as early as the first quarter of 2011!

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
Thanks, but I'm going with a droid or iphone.
I hear ya, just thought I'd throw it out there
Old 12-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a chance you can get a refurb.. Every phone I have ever received after mine was busted, or lost has been brand new..

Check out ebay.. Best place I have looked.. I love my fascinate galaxy.. was going for a droid( from motorola or htc) But everybody and there uncle has them.. So I went with this.. No complaints so far. Do have to soft rest it ever week or so though.. No biggie..
Old 12-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Btw google is where its at.. Verizion will be on top of the market very soon. Hell you can buy I pads, iphones through them now.. Also they have the new 4 g phone out. I like 3g. It seems to run super fast when I can get..
Old 12-23-2010, 01:58 PM
apple bottom jeans

Originally Posted by trever1t
Google maps, navigation, email, calander, Voice, etc. Google rules the world

I do not know of any $15 data plan for the phones, it's $30/mo. unlimited (without tether)
you can add gmail to the iphone mail app, it's seamless.

theres a map app that i'm pretty sure runs google maps.

the iphone calendar kicks *** and syncs to my gmail and ical calendars.

nav is still out in left field. if you're fine with reading instructions and not hearing them told to you, iphone does turn by turn directions.

not sure what you mean by voice.

i run a 3gs...im sure the 4.0 is much better.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Btw google is where its at.. Verizion will be on top of the market very soon. Hell you can buy I pads, iphones through them now.. Also they have the new 4 g phone out. I like 3g. It seems to run super fast when I can get..
You found a Verizon Iphone already?? Do share! I've been waiting for them to release it....but I haven't seen them and keep hearing it'll late in the first quarter of 2011. I broke down last night and bought a relatively inexpensive Droid off Ebay to hold me over until they get the Iphone.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've been watching youtube video comparisons of the droids. I'm leaning with the HTC Incredible or droid 2. They are both by one get one free right now which is a plus for me. droid x and droid 2 showed static, popping and weaker speaker by 2 different tests. The X is just so damn big. I think too big for me. Also, the HTC and D2 have a faster 1gz processor. I'm leaning to the HTC but the wife is not sure on a full touch screen. I'll have to get her in the store to mess with them and decide. Getting her to make a decision for what to eat is bad enough!

Quick Reply: Buying new Cell Phone. Verizon...help