THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Buying Iraqi Dinar good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 02:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Did you happen to buy around march 9th of this year or close to it? I should have chosen my words better in saying they weren't doing very well, but they aren't doing anything special compared to the rest of the market. Nearly every stock has had a solid increase since the low point in March.
December 18, they fell immediately and rose after early March like you said. It started with competition against a buddy taking a finance class. Shutterfly would have been something good to buy this past January/February.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Tribe Shaman

Originally Posted by garcia
What do you mean sealed like not being able to use? Yeah I used this website called dinartrade.com and the main man is from California and 3 days I received the dinar.

i mean sealed as in their country is not their own until we leave.
i mean sealed as is not doing business with the out side world.
i mean dinars from the central bank of iraq and not from the central bank of jordan.
if you have in your possion dinars from the central bank of jordan, you *** just got took to the cleaners.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by colekill
lol. there is nothing backing the us dollar but the chinese.
^^^ yep exactly
Old 12-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Launching!

central bank of iraq
Old 12-15-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

What do you mean sealed like not being able to use? Yeah I used this website called dinartrade.com and the main man is from California and 3 days I received the dinar.
It's amazing that this guy isn't wanting to keep all of his Dinar since the price is about to break through at any second.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thiems
It's amazing that this guy isn't wanting to keep all of his Dinar since the price is about to break through at any second.
I think that is a very good point.I feel if it is about to revalue real soon and that he has a personal stash of this money,but he keeps making money by buying and selling the dinar as his business in case it doesn't revalue soon.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

I think that is a very good point.I feel if it is about to revalue real soon and that he has a personal stash of this money,but he keeps making money by buying and selling the dinar as his business in case it doesn't revalue soon.
Just please think about the logistics for a little bit. Let's say that this man has $5 million in dinar. It revalues and it becomes equivalent to the US dollar. He now has $7.5 billion. You can't just create wealth like that. More people make money by taking advantage of people's lack of common sense than by any other means. He's doesn't think the dinar will become worth anything...at all. He's making his money on people buying into the fact that it will become worth something. Why would he get rid of any of them, ANY OF THEM, if he thought that each one would become worth 1500x what they are worth now at any point in the future?
Old 12-22-2009, 12:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thiems
Just please think about the logistics for a little bit. Let's say that this man has $5 million in dinar. It revalues and it becomes equivalent to the US dollar. He now has $7.5 billion. You can't just create wealth like that. More people make money by taking advantage of people's lack of common sense than by any other means. He's doesn't think the dinar will become worth anything...at all. He's making his money on people buying into the fact that it will become worth something. Why would he get rid of any of them, ANY OF THEM, if he thought that each one would become worth 1500x what they are worth now at any point in the future?
I'm amazed at some people's lack of simple business and economics sense(speaking in regards to others in this thread).

Money doesn't get revalued. Currency fluctuates based on many factors, but most importantly demand. As a country's money becomes more desirable, it becomes more valuable. Like I said before, in order for the Dinar to follow this pattern, there would have to be a huge amount of people exchanging currency for the Dinar and that simply isn't happening.

I'm curious to how people think currency is just "revalued." Do people think that they'll wake up one day and $1 US can only buy 10 Dinar, when the day before $1 US could buy 1000 Dinar? It doesn't work that way and I would be happy to point out more problems with that theory.