THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

anyone use a flip down license plate bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 03:25 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts
Default anyone use a flip down license plate bracket?

i tried stealing the bracket off of my dads jeep to see if i could just go to the dealorship and get a nice one, but the bottom sticks way out and looks like ***. so i got online and started looking at aftermarket and they all look like they will bulge out at the bottom. anyone find a good flip down license plate bracket that dosent look like crap? maybe some pics?
Old 04-14-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have mine setup to where it flips up and and rubber spacers towards the bottom to keep it straight up and down when it is down....Im not sure if you can tell in these pics or not....these pics do not have the spacers...that was a recent addition

Old 04-14-2006, 07:56 PM

see i just dont like how that looks so heres what i did. put bolt through the license plate with an nut on the other side so the bolt cant turn(plate isnt on the truck at this point). i drilled the holes in the rollpan just a hair bigger to where the bolts will fit in freely. on the backside i just put some wing nuts. it comes off easily without any extra tools, and looks alot better IMO. i have to crawl up under the truck to get the trailer ball and wiring harness out anyways...

oh, another trick i figured out. instead of putting the ball in the bed of the truck or inside of the cab, just slide it in from the back side of the trailer hitch reciever under neath the truck pointing towards the cab. then you never have to wory about not having it, rolling around in the bed, or getting rust in the carpet of the truck. now i just gotta figure out how to get some light onto the situation. im thinking about a billet license plate frame with the light built in but they are fuggin expensive i like how your plate frame looks but it would be illegal in texas because it covers up the name of the state
Old 04-14-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the billet frame w/ the light built it...and a bowtie engraved in...it was only 30 bucks.....AIM
Old 04-14-2006, 08:01 PM

yeah but that frame would be illegal in texas because it covers up info on the plate. the legal system is gay like that here so the one i want is $50 and it shouldnt cover any plate info
Old 04-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Get some of those little lights that are the bolts that hold on the plate.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:23 PM

i saw some pictures of those bolts on a license plate at night and they just dont light good enough. for an extra 20 bux i can get a billet frame with led lights in there that will actually light the plate up.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by c.nash
Get some of those little lights that are the bolts that hold on the plate.
I had those and they looked great. You couldn't even tell they were lights, just looked like ordinary acorn heads.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JT-bo
I had those and they looked great. You couldn't even tell they were lights, just looked like ordinary acorn heads.
I got those as well. Two of them holding the plate to a 3rd gen F body fold down bracket for hitch access and they put out more than enough light to see the plate.

I think theyre called light'n boltz or something similar and were ~$20 IIRC.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:42 PM

damn, i guess the pics i saw were just bad pics. the lights looked weak in the pics. i bet it had something to do with the flash on the camera...anyways too late for me to get those. i already ordered in my billet license plate frame. it should still look good in the end IMO.

oh, and stylinconcepts came through for me agian i found a cheaper price and they matched it no questions asked. customer service has always been A+++++

Quick Reply: anyone use a flip down license plate bracket?