THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

anyone on an ATV forum?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Don't listen to Nonnie....he's the most biased atv rider ever, and he'll always tell tales of his little honda pulling *insert every other brand* atv home.

Go with the Honda as long as you never get in a hurry to go anywhere or don't ride with guys that own other brand atvs. They'll get sick of waiting on you.

I have pulled a many a bike back to the truck.
Just because they are the slowest dont mean they wont out run the fast ones. haha, ive out ran a bunch of other bikes back when i had first got my Foreman.

Its 11.5 miles from the hwy back to my buddys house on the creek. Main reason the slow bike could beat the fast ones is i knew where all the deep holes were and knew where i could skip across the water at.

But all those hard miles have caught up with the bike, i gotta fix a broken shifter rod before we start riding again this year

Also, on a 3wheel drive honda you can pull the front brake lever and pulse it to get 4wheel drive
It takes some getting use to but it works great.

3rd week i had my bike... i found a drop off in the middle of the pond..
Hondas run better with a little water mixed in the oil incase you were wondering.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive sucked a minnow in my snorkel before
Old 05-07-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by daryn c
ive sucked a minnow in my snorkel before
HA,, woops..
Old 05-07-2010, 01:36 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

you guys need jet skis not 4wheelers lol.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

Lol i did that once but just once lol..stud it up drain the water from air box and exhaust.. Took out spark plug and fired it.. Then put the plug back in and ran like nothing happend.lol
Old 05-07-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had an old foreman that I did some stuff to. Everyone of my friends for the most part rides Honda. I would never think of getting any different. I have ridden some Yamaha's and a couple Polaris Sportsman. I won't hate on them, but it's hard to beat honda's reliability. As long as you take care of it, you can't go wrong. BTW I saw somebody mention highlifter, I have done a decent amount of business with them and I love all their stuff. I put a disc brake conversion on the front of my last bike . . . loved it. here are just a couple honda pics for ya.

I know it's a sport bike, but kind of a cool pic.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im on raptorforum and prowlerforum. I own a raptor 700 and an Arctic Cat Prowler 1000. Both my brothers have raptor 700s (one runs 13.3s in the 1/4) and my dad currently has 2 Grizzlys. (600 and 700 with EPS)
You asked what we thought the top 3 4x4 atv is and I am gonna give you "my" unbiased opinion.

#1 in my book is the Can Am Renegade 800. I like to go fast and this bike has that and the looks of a sport quad to go with it.

#2 is the Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000. These are fast as hell and whoop on the CanAm Renegade. I even struggle to beat it with my raptor 700 in a 1/4 mile drag race if I lift at the line a little. The bike is ugly in my opinion which is why I got the prowler when they offered it with the 1000.

#3 is the Kawasaki Brute Force 750. This bike is quick but not as quick as the Renegade, thundercat or even the Outlander but the ride is #1 in my book. Most comfortable bike in my opinion. I have driven a handful of them and each one has given me that feeling.

The only reason the Grizzly didnt make top 3 in my list is cause of the lack of power in stock form. My dads 700 is nice but just doesnt give you that "sotp" feeling. My prowler weighs ~1200 and I would bet that I can out run the grizzly 700. But I am going off subject and comparing apples to oranges now.

Side note: most of the riding we do is on street or dirt. Once or twice a month we go out on the sand. I would bet that 80% of our time on the quads is drag racing and 20% is actually riding or on trails.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:59 PM

im looking to trail and mud. not lakes and drag racing. the dealership sold the camo 700 and it will be another month until they get another. hopefully i change my mind by then. it just seems like one of those things i will play with for a month and then it just sit in my garage broken with 3 years worth of payments left on it lol.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:02 PM

i looked at the renegade...where the hell do i put my beer cooler and wife?
Old 05-08-2010, 05:14 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Outlander 800r, or wait a couple months for the sxs to come out.

Quick Reply: anyone on an ATV forum?