THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

anyone on an ATV forum?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seeing as they are 9200+ retail... i would say yes that is a pretty good deal.

i dont think yamaha does thier winch program during the summer months... if you would wait till the fall , or have gotten it earlier, u pay like 100$ extra and you get a 500$ warn winch
Old 05-04-2010, 05:28 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by daryn c
seeing as they are 9200+ retail... i would say yes that is a pretty good deal.

i dont think yamaha does thier winch program during the summer months... if you would wait till the fall , or have gotten it earlier, u pay like 100$ extra and you get a 500$ warn winch
I will ask them about it.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
I will ask them about it.

im 90 % sure the winch program isnt on right now, they usually throw it in there during the Hunting months! but you never know.... alot of atv dealers are down on thier sales since all this bs has been happening...
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SUZUKI!!!!! lol

its an 08 king quad 750. never had one problem with it. the only problem is it doesnt have as much torque as the vtwin brute force..but it makes up for it.stays right with grizz 700 though...me and all my riding buddies say that suzuki,honda,yamaha,kawasaki all have there ups and downs..just pick your poison .thats with a 3 inch lift on 30 inch mudlites....
Old 05-04-2010, 11:32 PM
12 Second Truck Club

its all good not everyone likes the same brands and if we did it would leave no competition for improvements. The honda does not have a locker, it is 3wd at all times no matter what is claimed. It cannot send equal power to both front axles. Also the Yamaha does send power to the front axles, but not equal power every time. It will send the most power to tire with the least traction. If you put them on a rolling road 5 out of 10 times it would show this. It sucks that your friend had so much problems with his polaris's. I can attest to over 400 customers only about 5-7 have had complaints about it and 2 got the liquid courage and burnt their belts, 2 bought new 09 rangers when they had the problems with the fans that were covered under warranty, 2 others had bought older bikes and had problems with the surefires that were recalled units and replaced even out of warranty free of charge, and one guy launched his ranger and broke both front springs and said they broke driving down the hardpack when the damn poly plate was peeled back and stuffed with mud up front lol. I have many hours on alot of manufactuers products, test riding and rating them. I no longer work for any manufactuer or dealer so my only bias is from what I know about them. If you are not going to buy a polaris, then I really recomend you look at and test ride the Can-am 650. more power than you need and the second best engineered. You can get great deals even right now. check out genespowersports in baytown and talk to brett or chase, they have been riding for many many years and both have had several bikes and know what they are talking about. They are like us when it comes to modding, parts, and knowing what works and what the competition is. even if you are not planning on buying there, go talk to them, the have knowledge that is invaluable.

Last edited by marlboroman71818; 05-05-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Nicksilverado, even though i dont like zuki's atv's (i own a turbo busa and 600 lol) that kingquad looks pretty damn good with the ss212's and mudlite xl's
Old 05-04-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks dude...pics dont do it justice it looks way better in person!...not many ppl pic the ole king 750 for muddin...but this thing absolutley came alive with the 2brothers exhaust and programmer...i might put diff. clutchs and belt to see if it will help the torque a bit more..
Old 05-05-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from my experience working at a honda/polaris dealer for several years, polaris has the best creature comforts by far. the best ride/power/ground clearance out there. as said above, most belt problems comes from people not using low gear, and they seem to have a lot of starter problems. if i were to buy one right now, it would probably be a yamaha or honda. after seeing a lot of burnt up belts/clutches, most likely honda
Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had this honda rincon 680 for 3 years, no problems, very reliable even putting it through some serious mud. but i didn't like ground clearance, power, and not a true 4x4. sold it for this a

Polaris 850 XP. this machine is a beast, true 4x4, ride is as smooth as the honda, power is unbelievable and like everything about it over my honda. we'll see how she holds up, i only have 35 hours on it so far.

i think the next atv i'd choose is the new 750 KQ.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:52 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

called up the dealership and they sold the only camo 700 they had haha. another month until they will have another. hopefully im not in the mood to buy a bike once it gets there. i started thinking, and im afraid it will be one of those things i play with for about a month, and then it will just sit in the garage in my way.

Quick Reply: anyone on an ATV forum?