THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

2011 Is officially the year of change for me

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 08:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets me...
Married the absolute love of my life & my best friend AUG ' 10,

Lost my easy, good paying job, with full paid insurance OCT '10,

Finally got another job JAN this year, worked 7 days a week making only $8.50.

Marriage fell to **** as my wife was doing everything but being a wife. Which she was doing before the marriage but I didnt wanna be without her (she was busy doing a coworker, and too selfish to put anything into our relationship. OH mind you...we had been together for 9 years at this point).

Signed Divorce papers on V-Day (Feb 14 '11),

Divorce official March 25th ' 11,

Still working 7 days. I was a complete zombie, lost 25lbs and at 145 I COULD NOT AFFORD IT. Had to move in with a friend to make my bills as I then had two vehicles to pay for by myself. My truck and the '08 Caliber R/T I bought for her.

Now im back at my parents at 25 YO, Divorced, nearly broke, and working a full time job that should easily have me in my own place and doing just fine under different circumstances.

BUT....Because I dont give up and I dont back down. I have stuck it out at the new job. We no longer work 7 days a week. Just a solid 6 most weeks. SO I get at least 48 hours each week. And it pays the bills. I have JUST been able to start saving THIS WEEK. Im setting a goal to have the second vehicle sold, mine paid off by this time next year..then the next step is to buy a home. Its gonna be a MFer to get done in that time line but im determined and if I dont try..itll never happen. AND I REFUSE to the the 30 yo guy living at his parents because "life dealt him a shitty hand"

Last edited by baSICK5.0; 12-09-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow buddy, I officially have NOTHING to complain about, thats a rough scene right there. hopefully everything works out for you buddy! thoughts and prayers are with ya!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks alot man. Its taken alot of "chin ups" to get my to where I am today. I just keep telling myself Im ALOT better off this way than in a marriage in which I put in 200% and she could care less. Plus its all looking up..finally. Its just hard to handle this at any age but all at 25 is tough.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:38 AM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, I sold my Sierra I said I never would. Sad day when that happened but I came out on top financially and freed up a decent amount of cash as well as picked up a truck with 100k miles of no drama and while living up in Alaska that is good piece of mind.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

I can now add that my Ex-wife just came to me last week and told me she was 3 months preg with my child. (we were trying to reconcile at the time.) She is living with her BF who she was seeing before and after our three weeks of "reconciliation" hehe. She swore 100% it was mine and we needed to be together to do the right thing. I personally believe its her bfs but hes a loser/nut and she knows im her best bet for a good easy life. I stated I would never be with her again but would support and be the father of my child upon a DNA test. Then after a solid week of me moping and feeling sick, almost running off my new UNBELIEVABLE GF. The exwife smashes my new smart phone with her foot like it was a cockroach. She showed up at my GFs work and told her to leave me alone....

AFTER ALL THIS I DEMANDED SHE SHOW ME THE PAPER SHOWING SHES PREG....She backed down and said its ok that we'll never be in love like we once were and told me to have a good life and not worry about her stiring up **** anymore.

So im left not truly knowing...Do i have a child on the way, with my ex wife who is living with her psycho bf and Im seeing an incredible girl who didnt sign up for this mess.
All i can do is wait 6 months and demand a test and in the mean time i say

F&CK TWENTY F&CKING ELEVEN
Old 12-19-2011, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just take it a day at a time is what I'm doing its never as bad as it seems there is some poor man that is worse then you are I keep thinkn that and it works don't let it keep you down man