THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

2011 Is officially the year of change for me

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 Is officially the year of change for me

Cant even beleive how much has changed this year for me.
Dropped out of school (college) and got an amazing paying job! Sold my Camaro ( not so good), old man got a C6 which is great because hes the best father anyone could ever ask for and hes so hard working he deserved it after all these years, brother got married, my sister and her husband are having a kid, but what really made so much change really sink in was I sadly sold the Silverado today .
With the rear 2 tube crossmembers so rusted out i could poke my fingers through them, the frame rails by the torsion bars cracked on both sides, as well as by the bump stops I jsut couldnt justify dumping more money into an 11 year old truck with 300K on her, thought I did decent considering I got $9000 out of her. and its the first time in I dont know how long that Ive seen mutliple thousands of dollars in my savings.
Sure was weird coming home though and not seeing the ol Silvy in the yard, almost felt a tear come to my eye, with sooo many memories over the last almost 5 years its like losing a friend. Im having alot of mixed emotions, its like starting fresh with the sierra, something in mint condition, dependable, trouble free, and with less finicial burdens Im almost happy to see it gone though :S.I dont know why Im writing this really, just felt like I had to get this off my chest, Anyone else go through something similiar?
Old 12-08-2011, 10:19 AM
I hate my cats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn man. That was one of my favorite trucks on the site. Congrats on the extra walking around money. Now you can use your dad's car as the measuring stick for your truck.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks, but look on the bright side, you have a fresh new start with the truck, can dump some to that money into it, other things to make you happy.. You did really well getting that kind of money out of the ole girl.. I often get a wild hair about selling my truck, but honestly I do not think I could part with it.. I have had it now going on 9 years, it is all mine ..
Old 12-08-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that, your truck was badass! But you get to start new and you now have a new project to make new memories in

I think about selling my truck at times and getting something newer.... or buying a old 80's silverado and putting a turbo 6.0 but i just can't do it. 11 years with a truck is pretty long. and this is my first vehicle. I wanna keep it in the family and give it to my son. I mean lol my gf lost her virginity in that truck! Those seats are well....you know
My dog threw up in my truck because he got car sick lol!
Hydroplaning on the freeway
Plus my dad and i did a engine swap and when hes gone its nice to know that his sweat and blood(The clutch fan cut us) went into helping me. It was a really nice bonding experience. Father and son in a garage late at night turning wrenches is a really nice experience to say you did with your dad. I even recorded us working on it just as a video i would like to have to remember that day for ever.

This year has been weird for me too.
I started college, but i lost like all my friends
My best friend got a girlfriend who doesn't let him do anything
He's so oh well.
and for some reason, a lot of family has been dying

Including both my dogs that i had since i was 5 years old. I'm 18!
thats 13 years! They were like my brothers Fk i think i feel a tear.
I know this sounds wrong but i cried more when my dogs died than with my family members... I'm not much of a crier, Its weird i can only cry when i see my mom cry. and thats just like a couple of tears.. with my dogs it was like a waterfall
My jack russell had cancer and passed... then her Boyfriend ( They have been together for 12 years) My black lab died of i'm guessing depression? From his girlfriend. He was healthy! I have never felt so empty as i did when i watched my dog die infront of me... It was a sunday morning and all the vets were closed... no one answered me so i just watched him die. Even if they did i doubt he would've made it, it happened very quick.. Looked like he went into cardiac arrest.... oh well thats life
Sorry for kinda thread jacking i had to vent a bit
But you never know what will happen in 2012!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a bit of a similar year, sold my white truck and picked up an 01 Camaro SS, sold that about three months later and bought the truck I have now. Then the whole family is going to Australia in a little under a week both to visit my mom's sisters, as this will be the last time we will be able to all see each other (I graduate spring 2013, my cousin is getting married this spring and moving away, several of the other cousins will be going to school next year) so it should be a good time. Also, good job on pulling $9k for the truck, that had to be a trick.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:18 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

wow, you guys are depressing!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mines been boring, school, bought a house and that's about it. I'm ok with that though, sometimes no news is good news. After 8 years with my Z I think next year will be its last. Time for a crew cab and maybe back into a diesel, depends on how my new project goes.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
wow, you guys are depressing!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!

Thanks for all the compliments guys! its really cool seeing how many of you guys can relate, most people around here spend all there money on drinking and drugs and drive peices of **** that they barely keep for 6 months. Glad Im not alone though! Lets hope 2012 is a better year!
Old 12-09-2011, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow this are some depressing stories I think everbody has there bad years myself also has had a rough year I ended my six year contract with the army gaurd that's leaving a whole family guys that have been in the **** with, lost the gto to some dumb old lady that looks through the steering wheel to drive and has a cain to push the gas pedal, had a kid which is good but my time for doin the build on project grand pa slowed down, my sister overdossed on drugs during here divorce and my brother is seeking treatment at the va, sorry to hear about your dogs my dog had cancer she held out till I came back from iraq then died 3 days later you talk about sobing cry next to a bottle of jack, the good thing is the next year is what you make it and new projects keep you dreaming

Quick Reply: 2011 Is officially the year of change for me