Notices
TrailBlazer SS Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

New Ss Is In

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ss Is In

The Mopar guy gets a Chevy... hahaha Never thought it would be so soon, but I needed something to haul people around in and tow the boat and weighed the differences between the SS and the SRT-8 Jeep. The SS came out on top for my specific needs so... I ordered it around 7 weeks ago and it made it in last week.

First Impressions:
The truck is super responsive at lower rpms. Doesn't take much to kick it down into passing gear. It does have a sloppy shift, but nothing a tune won't fix.

It's harder to turn than anything in my current fleet but it handles well. The brakes are oversized from the base TB's but they still seem to be lacking and a good jaunt down some curvy roads and apparent brake fade is noticed.

The LS2 purrs like a cat on crack. This engine rocks. Smooth running, quick response, very linear power curve.

Observations... The truck needs at least a 5spd auto. The 4-gear slushbox has the engine singing pretty good at 80mph. I've heard the interior on these is lacking but I like it myself. I have leather in everything else I own so I ordered this one with the 1SS package and got the cloth. Even the embroidering on the cloth seats is nice. The dash isn't overdone and the appointments even on the 1SS are nice. I did opt for the Sun and Sound package which threw the sunroof and Bose stereo into the list of options.

Overall I say WOW... Here is a nice all around vehicle. It has the creature comforts I miss out on with the trucks, a more cushy ride, it's exhaust is extremely quite but does have a nice bark when floored.
And for a Stock SUV.. ITS GOT *****

I'm sure it will make a couple of passes down the 1/4 but that isn't my main concern with this truck. I can't believe the tuning options with this thing. I had to search out and go custom everything on the Dakota and the TBSS has so many options it's going to take a while to decifer which option to go with. I imagine the truck will get a Tune, CAI, and Exhaust here very shortly and that will be about it other than some exterior mods.

Nice truck
Old 03-29-2007, 10:20 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrads on the new TBSS!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!

I'm still in love with mine.

Kick *** truck.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Need More N2O Mod

Congrats and welcome to the bright side of life(chevy) We like ours alot even though its been in the body shop 4 out of the 6 weeks we have had it.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Congrats!! I like mine as well
Old 03-30-2007, 08:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

When you are out playing around one day, turn off the traction control and stabilitrak and go from a dig. The transmission has a little different feel with stabilitrak off. Not great, but impressive for stock.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Teching In

haha... If I can pry the truck from my Wife's hands I'll give it a go. She has taken a fond liking to the SS.

It's quite a change from the Mazda6 that she daily drives. The girls at work told her to do a burnout in the parking lot.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Need More N2O Mod

Originally Posted by notchlx
haha... If I can pry the truck from my Wife's hands I'll give it a go. She has taken a fond liking to the SS.

It's quite a change from the Mazda6 that she daily drives. The girls at work told her to do a burnout in the parking lot.
lol my GF used to drive a Mazda626 and now she drives the tbss. She says i am only allowed to drive it when it needs gas or the oil changed.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mwalls54
lol my GF used to drive a Mazda626 and now she drives the tbss. She says i am only allowed to drive it when it needs gas or the oil changed.
lol... that's what my wife says.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mwalls54

Ohhhh Nooooo....... If she has restrictions, she can change the oil. Pesonally, I think anything with over 250hp the driver should maintain it themself.