Notices
TrailBlazer SS Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

$2500

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im not sure what the guy was saying for several posts..... maybe he was typing WAY to fast and missed a few words? all i got was he didnt want nitrous he dont care how fast it goes, he just wants hp, and no converter..... not real sure how far hes gonna get with this
Old 12-20-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
hey 00ChevyScott, pretty sure trailblazzer ss has truck intake. cause it has a water pump fan. and a ls2 intake would not work with a water pump fan.

and gdev, i said what it has. spray, nitrous, and exhaust(which is magnaflow muffler with shop done tubing)

and how does a forged LS3 not = a LS9.

a ls9 is forged 6.2L with force induction.

well i have a 6.2L blcok with forged internals and forced induction.

sorry just had to comment...i was getting aggravated and about to
Old 12-20-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redjewelSS
am I gonna be the very first person to notice this fake's mistake? the First SSR models had the 5.3 V8. then the second version of them had the LS2. where the F*** does he get the idea of an LS6?

The Chevrolet SSR (Super Sport Roadster) was a retractable hardtop convertible pickup truck manufactured by Chevrolet between 2003 and 2006.

The truck was based on the long-wheelbase Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT's platform, and featured "retro" styling and a steel retractable hardtop designed by ASC. The production model was based on the SuperSport Roadster concept car shown at the 2000 Detroit Auto Show. An early-production SSR was the pace car for the 2003 Indianapolis 500 auto race.

The 2003 and 2004 models used General Motors' Vortec 5300 engine, a 5.3 L 300 hp V8. Performance was not spectacular at 7.7 s to 60 mph (97 km/h) with a 15.9 s/86.4 mph quarter mile run. The 2005 SSR used the 390 hp (291 kW) LS2 V8 also found in the C6 Corvette and Pontiac GTO, and also offered a manual transmission (the six-speed Tremec) for the first time, as an option. For the 2006 model year, the LS2 engine featured minor modifications that boosted its output to 395 hp (automatic transmission) and 400 hp (manual transmission), respectively.
had this been in a video...it would look like a chevrolet commercial....good attention to detail and commentary
Old 12-20-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is great.LOL Oh, guess who pm'd me over at fsc(gopedxr), needless to say I didnt reply.Here is his PM

sup man. Streek freak and james were going to come to our houston meet in march a long with tons and tons of others.
You might want to come out? Check the event section for our houston meet thread.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so bird we are aware that your are a super duper ls guy that does f bodys and all but the same stuff applies to the truck and suv side of gm! Motor wise it doesn't matter if you have a gm, ford, dodge, holden, kia, honda, or a polaris four wheeler. The same thing applies to all of these, to make hp there are certian things you need to change and add to make it dependable and also make the numbers.

With that being said the gm trucks and suv's require some preventative maintence. First as you prolly know the trans is a weak point so take care of that as every other person has suggested. Now decide how much money you want to spend. I would say get a great converter from one of our sponsors ------->

Then ask yourself do you want forced induction or keep the spray/nitrous. You can get a great cam to compliment the nitrous you are using.
Just decide what fits your budget and exactly how fast or how much hp you can make is directly affected by how much money you are willing to spend!