Notices
TrailBlazer SS Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

$2500

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
what should i buy? i have a stock blazer ss but i want more horse. idc about speed so no stall. and no nitrous.

what would you guys do?

also i have exhaust and filter but that is it.

thanks
i already got spray and it is great.

anyone try a 5.3L head and raise the compression? with like a 288R cam?
this thread contradicts itself more than once and it seems this is just to raise post counts. seriously dude, u dont know what ur doing do u? doubt ur going to see much if any gains from ls2 intake since the vette ls2 and the tbss ls2 r rated 5 hp apart and most say thats due to exhaust differences. it'd LOOK better yes but gains would be minimal IMO if u went with a stock LS2 intake. hell ur gonna lose torque who knows u may lose HP too???
Old 06-05-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spray, nitrous, and exhaust(which is magnaflow muffler with shop done tubing)
Damn you have spray and nitrous? I bet that **** hits hard.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

thats awesome, im glad u quoted it. is this FAIL worthy yet? im going to start sending people from other sites just in case it gets to that point soon
Old 06-05-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Is this gopedxr as a new name lol
Old 06-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by andrew383
no its a 90mm truck manifold and can prove that if need be

so your on your 4th tranny huh,well you gotta PAY TO PLAY buddy!!! Stop screwin gm for your mess ups .I dont really know how you can call yourself an ls guy and not know what to do to this motor.All Ls motors take the same mods and get the same results .You said nothing about a tune,so your telling me your spraying this thing on the stock tune and wonder why the tranny blows .If your looking for 1/4 times then put a built trans and a converter in it......Come on man get with the program..
i am not screwing gm. i keep tell them what i am doing and dealer keeps puting it in.

not all ls motors are the same. like for example. the 2002 z06 vet has a ls6 motor. ok so if you put long tube headers and cam and exhaust on it you gain like 80 horse. now a 2004 cts-v has a ls6 in it. and they are rated with in 5 horse of each other. but if you put a cam and long tube headers and exhuast on the "v" you only get like 35 horse. ( yes using same size cam. same brand headers. and same brand exhuast. this has been done many time.

i dont wonder why the trany blow. i know why it goes. and i never said anything about the tune. sorry your right. i forgot pervious owner used a diablo sport on it. (i think)
Old 06-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by onebad03
damn im lost.....so you want a "Dyno Queen" (high horsepower but cant do anything with it) or a street and strip set up? (good balance of everything and alot more fun)
well first not all racing is done in a quarter mile. not saying i want to take turns. just dont really want a stall.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Allstar55566
this thread contradicts itself more than once and it seems this is just to raise post counts. seriously dude, u dont know what ur doing do u? doubt ur going to see much if any gains from ls2 intake since the vette ls2 and the tbss ls2 r rated 5 hp apart and most say thats due to exhaust differences. it'd LOOK better yes but gains would be minimal IMO if u went with a stock LS2 intake. hell ur gonna lose torque who knows u may lose HP too???
why i said no spray in the first post. is i didnt want you guys saying "spray it" like most of you did. i already had it.

and if you look at flow number the ls2 intake flows like ****. but it flow better then the truck manifold. but idk if they have ever tested the 90mm truck. hmm?
Old 06-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Damn you have spray and nitrous? I bet that **** hits hard.
sorry. fingers moved faster then head. just 100 shot is all i have.

no i am not a new account. i am not who with a new name. i do know LS stuff. just trying to learn about my blazzer. honestly i was the **** giving would stop so i can use the "performance truck forum" as a real forum for good info. guess time to go back to the ls1tech world
Old 06-06-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

The intake swap you wanted to do is not a great idea. The Trailblazer intake is good enough. I would just do a cam, long tubes and a built trans.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:04 AM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am not screwing gm. i keep tell them what i am doing and dealer keeps puting it in.

not all ls motors are the same. like for example. the 2002 z06 vet has a ls6 motor. ok so if you put long tube headers and cam and exhaust on it you gain like 80 horse. now a 2004 cts-v has a ls6 in it. and they are rated with in 5 horse of each other. but if you put a cam and long tube headers and exhuast on the "v" you only get like 35 horse. ( yes using same size cam. same brand headers. and same brand exhuast. this has been done many time.

i dont wonder why the trany blow. i know why it goes. and i never said anything about the tune. sorry your right. i forgot pervious owner used a diablo sport on it. (i think)
none of that makes a damn bit of since

Quick Reply: $2500